Poll: Which business challenges are most important to you over the next 12 months?
থ্রেড পোস্টার: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
সাইট স্টাফ
Oct 4

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Which business challenges are most important to you over the next 12 months?".

View the poll results »



 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
পর্তুগাল
Local time: 22:16
2007 থেকে সদস্য
‍ইংরেজি থেকে পর্তুগিজ
+ ...
Winning new clients... Oct 4

... and keep retaining those that have been with me for some time!

Philip Lees
Thayenga
 
Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise  Identity Verified
বেলজিয়াম
Local time: 23:16
2020 থেকে সদস্য
ফেঞ্চ/ফরাসি থেকে ডাচ
+ ...
Maintaining what I have Oct 4

Unless things suddenly would go very steeply downward in the last 3 months of this year - which is always possible - 2026 will have been a satisfying year professionally. So I would say that maintaining my existing customers is the most important challenge, as it has always been until now.

Philip Lees
Christine Andersen
 
Hipyan Nopri
Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
ইন্দোনেশিয়া
Local time: 04:16
‍ইংরেজি থেকে ‍ইন্দোনেশিয়ান
+ ...
Growing Alongside AI Rather Than Competing With It Oct 4

I voted for "Developing new skills." As AI becomes increasingly capable, I believe the outlook for traditional translation services is becoming more challenging, and I think it is wise to prepare for that shift rather than wait for it.

For this reason, I have decided to focus on developing skills in AI automation and implementation. My hope is that by learning how to design, implement, and manage AI-driven workflows, I can build a career that grows alongside AI rather than competes
... See more
I voted for "Developing new skills." As AI becomes increasingly capable, I believe the outlook for traditional translation services is becoming more challenging, and I think it is wise to prepare for that shift rather than wait for it.

For this reason, I have decided to focus on developing skills in AI automation and implementation. My hope is that by learning how to design, implement, and manage AI-driven workflows, I can build a career that grows alongside AI rather than competes with it.

These skills are applicable across virtually every industry, and I believe my background in language and translation will remain a valuable asset, since clear communication, attention to detail, and a strong understanding of client needs are essential to implementing AI solutions effectively in any field.

I would be interested to hear how other colleagues are preparing for the changes ahead.
▲ Collapse


 
neilmac
neilmac
স্পেন
Local time: 23:16
স্প্যানিশ থেকে ‍ইংরেজি
+ ...
Other 07:40

When (if) the new VERIFACTU billing scheme comes into force in Spain next year, I might just throw in the towel and retire if it proves to be too complicated or expensive.
Given my previous experiences with "official" websites and similar, it sounds like it will be a nightmare compared to the ease of billing with Excel and PDF invoices.
... See more
When (if) the new VERIFACTU billing scheme comes into force in Spain next year, I might just throw in the towel and retire if it proves to be too complicated or expensive.
Given my previous experiences with "official" websites and similar, it sounds like it will be a nightmare compared to the ease of billing with Excel and PDF invoices.

https://facturaz.es/en/lp/verifactu?gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=24312008288&gclid=CjwKCAjwlY3WBhANEiwApsNrLYmu639PP9eqF9WM-aJUMbqLjsIeVvSeMvMOAhfqlxizKs4k7zivHhoC_DIQAvD_BwE

[Edited at 2026-10-05 07:44 GMT]
▲ Collapse


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

এই ফোরামের মডারেটরগণ
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Which business challenges are most important to you over the next 12 months?






PerfectIt
Check translations faster for consistency, quality and style guide compliance

PerfectIt helps professional translators deliver error-free documents in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. It helps improve consistency, ensure quality, and enforce style guides. ProZ members receive a 30% discount off individual purchases of PerfectIt.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »