dokupartner: Is it safe to accept an offer from them? থ্রেড পোস্টার: Roy Oestensen
|
Roy Oestensen ডেনর্মাক Local time: 23:11 2010 থেকে সদস্য ইংরেজি থেকে নরওয়েজিয়ান (বকমাল) + ...
I have received a job offer from the agency dokupartner (http://www.dokupartner.de) for a 22,000 word manual, but I don't find them registered on ProZ, and no entres on Blue Board. Is there anyone who has been in touch with them and know if they are a serious agency or if this may be a case of fraud?
Their contact person is Cristina Schmidt.
[Edited at 2026-10-01 09:35 GMT] | | | |
Lieven Malaise বেলজিয়াম Local time: 23:11 2020 থেকে সদস্য ফেঞ্চ/ফরাসি থেকে ডাচ + ...
The website "www.dokupartner.de" seems to be legit. But there's also "www.dokupartner.online" and that's probably a scam website, at least according to Gemini.
What email address did they use? | | | |
Roy Oestensen ডেনর্মাক Local time: 23:11 2010 থেকে সদস্য ইংরেজি থেকে নরওয়েজিয়ান (বকমাল) + ... TOPIC STARTER
Büro Nord
Büro Süd
Christoph-Probst-Weg 4
Föhrenweg 19
20251 Hamburg
91785 Pleinfeld
Tel.: +49-40-611 35 300
Tel.: +49-9144-92 71 31
E-Mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.dokupartner.de
Inhaber: Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Thomas Fischer
The person cont... See more Büro Nord
Büro Süd
Christoph-Probst-Weg 4
Föhrenweg 19
20251 Hamburg
91785 Pleinfeld
Tel.: +49-40-611 35 300
Tel.: +49-9144-92 71 31
E-Mail: [email protected]
Web: http://www.dokupartner.de
Inhaber: Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Thomas Fischer
The person contacting me, was Cristina Schmidt with the email [email protected]
At least she is not using gmail.com as email. ▲ Collapse | | | |
A 22,000-word project as your first job for an agency you’ve never worked with before? It really does sound like a scam. I did a search using the name of your contact and the agency’s name, and it came up with zero answers. If I were you, I’d send an email to the agency asking if ‘she’ actually works there…
And yet
Website: OK
Address: OK
Telephone: OK
Email: OK
Maybe it's legit...
[Edited at 2026-10-01 11:18 GMT] | | |
|
|
|
Roy Oestensen ডেনর্মাক Local time: 23:11 2010 থেকে সদস্য ইংরেজি থেকে নরওয়েজিয়ান (বকমাল) + ... TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the suggestion. | | | |
Thayenga জার্মানি Local time: 23:11 2009 থেকে সদস্য ইংরেজি থেকে জার্মান + ...
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida wrote:
If I were you, I’d send an email to the agency asking if ‘she’ actually works there…
[Edited at 2026-10-01 11:18 GMT]
When you're in doubt, just follow 'Teresa's advice. This is what I have been doing when in doubt. Sometimes the person does work there, sometime s/he doesn't. Better safe than sorry. | | | |
Gregor Trebec স্লোভেনিয়া Local time: 23:11 ইংরেজি থেকে স্লোভেনিয়ান + ...
It looks legit. She is using company's email. BUT 20.000 words as first assignement sounds realy strange, if not desperate. | | | |
Joakim Braun সুইডেন Local time: 23:11 জার্মান থেকে সুইডিশ + ...
The old-fashioned way to confirm someone's identity is to phone them via the company switchboard or a phone number provided on the company's website (NOT whatever is given in the e-mail).
The company can still turn out to be a non-payer, but a lot of obvious scams are filtered out.
And look up the company financials - they will be published somewhere.
I'd definitely do both if 22,000 words from a new client are involved. | | |
|
|
|
Frank Zou চীন Local time: 05:11 2016 থেকে সদস্য ইংরেজি থেকে চাইনিজ/চিনা + ...
My suggestion is to ask for prepayment and staged payments as you submit parts of the translation. That way, you can be somewhat sure it's not a scam — especially if they're willing to pay in advance. | | | |
Please let us know what the result was... | | | |
Roy Oestensen ডেনর্মাক Local time: 23:11 2010 থেকে সদস্য ইংরেজি থেকে নরওয়েজিয়ান (বকমাল) + ... TOPIC STARTER | Thank you all for good suggestions | 14:31 |
Greetings to all.
Thank you for good suggestions. I especially liked the suggestion of prepayment when it is a new client and everything otherwise seems fine, especially if the client is not registered on ProZ, and there is no post on Blue Board, like in this instance.
I have not heard more from them, probably because I asked for an extension of the deadline. They wanted the translation back within 2 weeks, which were a little too tight for me, so I don't expect any mor... See more Greetings to all.
Thank you for good suggestions. I especially liked the suggestion of prepayment when it is a new client and everything otherwise seems fine, especially if the client is not registered on ProZ, and there is no post on Blue Board, like in this instance.
I have not heard more from them, probably because I asked for an extension of the deadline. They wanted the translation back within 2 weeks, which were a little too tight for me, so I don't expect any more communication with them. ▲ Collapse | | | |