When I import a Word document into memoQ, how can I see which text was highlighted in the original?
Thread poster: Juri Kanerva
Juri Kanerva
Juri Kanerva  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:10
Swedish to Finnish
+ ...
Mar 4

My source document is a Word document with English and Finnish text happily together. In Word, the customer has highlighted in yellow the new sections to be translated, and they are in English. Non-highlighted parts are already in Finnish in the source document. When I import the Word document into memoQ, how can I see which text was highlighted in yellow in original Word document? If I could, I could filter out only the segments needing translation. Thanks in advance!

Recep Kurt
Recep Kurt  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Possible solution Mar 4

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/memoq-import-challenge-translate-only-highlighted-anette-jakobsen/

Juri Kanerva
Nikita Kobrin

Juri Kanerva
Juri Kanerva  Identity Verified
Swedish to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, that absolutely worked! :-) Mar 4

Thanks, that absolutely worked!
Juri

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

When I import a Word document into memoQ, how can I see which text was highlighted in the original?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »