Excluding TMs from concordance search
Thread poster: KONSTANTIN
KONSTANTIN
KONSTANTIN
Local time: 22:34
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 4

It would be very convenient to specify TMs where concordance searches the terms. According to help, concordance looks for words in TMs and LiveDocs. In my projects, some TMs are less reliable and it would be good to exclude them from the scope of search. Sorting segments by TMs is not a good solution.
Maybe, are there some workarounds or some advanced adjustments for tackling the problem?

Michael Beijer

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:34
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Penalise the memories Jan 4

If you have TMs that you do not want to use at all, you can always disable them in the list of memories. If you cannot do that, you can penalise the memories by creating a new TM setting set in the Settings area of your project.

Copy the names of the memories and add them with a reasonable penalty based upon how desirable each of them is.

I use this very frequently with TMs with poor quality supplied by clients.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:34
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Indeed! Jan 4

KONSTANTIN wrote:

It would be very convenient to specify TMs where concordance searches the terms. According to help, concordance looks for words in TMs and LiveDocs. In my projects, some TMs are less reliable and it would be good to exclude them from the scope of search. Sorting segments by TMs is not a good solution.
Maybe, are there some workarounds or some advanced adjustments for tackling the problem?

Incidentally, I created a related Idea @ https://ideas.memoq.com/ideas/PUBL-I-892 (please upvote if you would find this useful!)

KONSTANTIN
KONSTANTIN
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Concordance Jan 5

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT wrote:
you can penalise the memories by creating a new TM setting set in the Settings area of your project.

I also frequently use TM penalties, it is very convenient. However, it is about another feature: a TM should be among active TMs, but excluded from Concordance.

KONSTANTIN
KONSTANTIN
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Idea portal Jan 16

Michael Beijer wrote:

Incidentally, I created a related Idea @ https://ideas.memoq.com/ideas/PUBL-I-892 (please upvote if you would find this useful!)

Unfortunately, I cannot join idea portal, because don't have a valid SMA

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:34
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
ugh Jan 16

KONSTANTIN wrote:

Michael Beijer wrote:

Unfortunately, I cannot join idea portal, because don't have a valid SMA

That's silly of them. I think everyone's input is equally valid.

KONSTANTIN

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excluding TMs from concordance search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »