Thread poster: Jan Truper
Jan Truper
Jan Truper  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:54
Member (2016)
English to German
Mar 28, 2023

How can I find all q tags (the ones that will get replaced by quotation marks) in a memoq view?

[Edited at 2023-03-28 08:03 GMT]

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Find in tags Mar 28, 2023

In the Find and Find/Replace dialogues in memoQ, you will find a checkbox called "Search within tags as well". If you enable that, you can find whatever tag name you wish. Click the "Mark all" button. Once this is done, any segments containing your tag are marked internally. You can now filter those segments with the "funnel" filter in the grid: in the "Status" tab, enable "Marked by Find/Replace". This should do it!

Jan Truper
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
... Mar 28, 2023

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT wrote:

In the Find and Find/Replace dialogues in memoQ, you will find a checkbox called "Search within tags as well". If you enable that, you can find whatever tag name you wish. Click the "Mark all" button. Once this is done, any segments containing your tag are marked internally. You can now filter those segments with the "funnel" filter in the grid: in the "Status" tab, enable "Marked by Find/Replace". This should do it!

I am not able to isolate q-tags this way -- memoQ highlights all tags (also -b- and -i- tags).

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
"Match whole words only" Mar 28, 2023

Jan Truper wrote:

I am not able to isolate q-tags this way -- memoQ highlights all tags (also -b- and -i- tags).

Can you give it a try looking for q only and enabling memoQ's "Match whole words only" option (in the little drop-down many with the little orange dots)?

Jan Truper
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
... Mar 28, 2023

Can you give it a try looking for q only and enabling memoQ's "Match whole words only" option (in the little drop-down many with the little orange dots)?

Find what: q
Search within tags as well
Only whole words

yields 0 matches.

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Can you share a sample? Mar 28, 2023

Can you share a sample of the HTML code and a screen capture of what it looks like in memoQ? I somehow suspect it was not imported into memoQ in a standard manner.

Jan Truper
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
... Mar 28, 2023

Can you share a sample of the HTML code and a screen capture of what it looks like in memoQ? I somehow suspect it was not imported into memoQ in a standard manner.

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 10.57.27

I'll get shot if I post the actual content
The memoQ-import was done by the client, so I have no influence there.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:54
English to Russian
<q> Mar 28, 2023

Try <q> with all the above mentioned options checked (whole word, search in tags, etc.)

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Indeed Mar 28, 2023

Stepan Konev wrote:
Try with all the above mentioned options checked (whole word, search in tags, etc.)

It does not look to me that the importing was a standard one, since the < > signs should not really be visible as part of the tag in memoQ, not even in the long form of the tags in the grid...

Jan Truper
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
... Mar 28, 2023

Stepan Konev wrote:

Try with all the above mentioned options checked (whole word, search in tags, etc.)

yields 0 hits.

Jan Truper
Germany
Member (2016)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
workaround Mar 28, 2023

Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 14.06.20

this will at least filter the segments containing a q tag

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to find q tags in memoq?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »