How to jump to next segment when confirming a segment?
投稿者: Thomas Johansson
Thomas Johansson
Thomas Johansson  Identity Verified
ペルー
Local time: 14:58
英語 から スウェーデン語
+ ...
Jul 3, 2013

Currently, when I confirm a segment, pressing Ctrl+Shift, the program confirms the segment and jumps to the next unconfirmed segment. However, I would like it to jump only to the next segment (whether unconfirmed or not) in the sequence when pressing to confirm a segment. How do I get that behavior from the program or what is the key combination I'm looking for?

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
スペイン
Local time: 21:58
2005に入会
英語 から スペイン語
+ ...
Simple - Goto Next Settings Jul 4, 2013

The functionality of going to a next segment is controlled by the Goto Next Settings (menu Edit - Goto Next Settings...). The main two tabs in this dialog box are Common filters and Status.

In the Common filters tab you can see the Automatically jump after confirmation checkbox. If this is enabled, the automatic jump functionality is used; if not checked, memoQ simply goes to the next segment, so you might want to disable the checkbox.

With the automatic j
... See more
The functionality of going to a next segment is controlled by the Goto Next Settings (menu Edit - Goto Next Settings...). The main two tabs in this dialog box are Common filters and Status.

In the Common filters tab you can see the Automatically jump after confirmation checkbox. If this is enabled, the automatic jump functionality is used; if not checked, memoQ simply goes to the next segment, so you might want to disable the checkbox.

With the automatic jump enabled, you can easily control what kind of segments you want memoQ to jump to, based on the status of each segment. The different states appear in the Status tab.

When proofreading, for instance, you might want to use the automatic jump but also include confirmed segments, and to do so you also enable the Confirmed checkbox in the Status tab. By enabling all states from Not started to Confirmed, you automatically jump to any segment, but do not stop in the segments that are already proofed.

I hope this helps!
Collapse

Gabriella Endredi
Gabriella Endredi  Identity Verified
ハンガリー
Local time: 21:58
2012に入会
ハンガリー語 から 英語
+ ...
Trying another combination of buttons, perhaps? Jul 4, 2013

Hi, Thomas,

Have you tried the Ctrl+enter combination? As far as I know, it confirms a given segment and jumps to the other, independent of the fact whether it is already confirmed on nor. I use this combination and go through the documents segment by segment all the time.

Hope this helps,
Gabica

Thomas Johansson
Thomas Johansson  Identity Verified
ペルー
Local time: 14:58
英語 から スウェーデン語
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Jul 4, 2013

Changing the settings in Edit >> Goto Next Settings helped.

(The key combination I am using is of course not Ctrl+Shift as I wrote in my first post, but Ctrl+Enter.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to jump to next segment when confirming a segment?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »