Thread poster: Helmaninquiel
Helmaninquiel
Helmaninquiel
Local time: 16:23
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 14, 2011

Hi all,
I would like to know if I am doing something wrong as the real time spellchecker is not working (for me).

Thank you for your help.

Michal Glowacki
Michal Glowacki  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2010)
English to Polish
+ ...
Languages Dec 15, 2011

Are you absolutely sure that the project you have set up has the same languages as the spell checking options? Remember that Spanish for Spain is not the same as just Spanish or any other version.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Indeed Dec 16, 2011

Indeed, as Michal, I think that the language selection of the project must be different from the one selected in the spelling settings.

Helmaninquiel
Helmaninquiel
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You are right Dec 16, 2011

Sorry for posting such a thing, I was conviced I created the project with ES_ES. I changed Hunspell to it and it works.
Thank you, witouth your help I would have never guessed.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Improvable in memoQ Dec 16, 2011

Indeed this pickiness applying language flavours is one thing I do not like in memoQ.

Ever since we noticed this two years ago, in our office we have defined most projects and resources with the same source and target flavours in the languages we work with. This way, we can share a common global termbase for the team and can better exploit translation memories across projects coming from different business units of the same company.

So even if the actual target flavour
... See more
Indeed this pickiness applying language flavours is one thing I do not like in memoQ.

Ever since we noticed this two years ago, in our office we have defined most projects and resources with the same source and target flavours in the languages we work with. This way, we can share a common global termbase for the team and can better exploit translation memories across projects coming from different business units of the same company.

So even if the actual target flavour of the text we are ordered is not European Spanish, over here all selections of Spanish are made as Spanish (Spain) in memoQ. The same with English, as English (United States), even if we do plenty of translation from British English, and German, as German (Germany), even if we get work from Austria and Switzerland.

It is best to choose one single flavour all the time for each language in memoQ, or even better, not to choose any language flavour and only use the main language with no flavour (English, Spanish, German...) in all settings in memoQ.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No real time spelling with Hunspell

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »