Dongle Driver for S-Tagger for FrameMaker...?
Thread poster: TradosPro
TradosPro
TradosPro
English to French
Mar 19, 2003

Hi everyone!

I installed Trados S-Tagger some time ago and I have Trados Team Edition 3. S-Tagger is Edition 3 (Build 5). When I open it, it says it runs in demo mode, so I did re-installed S-Tagger with the dongles, but it keeps on running in demo mode... Anyone have a clue what I can do about it? I have been searching the KB of Trados for 30 minutes now, didn\'t find any answer... Maybe I need to configure the dongles, but if so, how???

Thank you!

Frank Bremster
Frank Bremster  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:35
German
+ ...
Each Software version usually requires an update Mar 19, 2003

Every time Trados is updating software, they also provide an dongle update software.

Check if you have installed the right dongle software version for the software you use, and make sure that the dongle really runs this update and not the older version.

Carsten Behrend
Carsten Behrend  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:35
English to German
+ ...
Migrator Mar 19, 2003

As far as I know, Trados provided a License Migrator to every updater. This little programm will re-programme the dongle as soon, as you update onto Trados 5.

Try to obtain this migrator. If you can\'t, contact me via ProZ mail. [TF55_LicenseMigrator.zip]

Carsten

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TradosPro Mar 19, 2003

Hello,

maybe you should check the software version from your S-Tager (Freelance or Full version) and compare it with your dongle.

Trados provides a dongle test software. Maybe your dongle is damaged.

You can take a look on the actual released versions of your dongle in the info dialog of the trados software.

Hans

TradosPro
TradosPro
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to all of you! Mar 19, 2003

Didn\'t find the answer yet, but wrote to Trados, hoping they will get back to me very soon!

Thanks again!

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try updating dongle driver Mar 19, 2003

http://www.rainbow.com/support/eu_support.htm

If you have parallel port dongle, connect the printer to it, as without printer connected the dongle may possibly not work.

HTH

Jerzy

[ This Message was edited by: JCzopik on 2003-03-19 18:34]

Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:35
Russian to English
+ ...
Have your tried.... Mar 22, 2003

...dipping your dongle driver in a jar of beef dripping?

Trados Pro, you wrote: \"...maybe you should check the software version from your S-Tager...and compare it with your dongle.

Trados provides a dongle test software. Maybe your dongle is damaged\"

On a related issue, perhaps you could tell me how I can convert a floppy dongle into a permanent hard drive facility which will not crash on me at the crucial moments? (I am sure there must be
... See more
...dipping your dongle driver in a jar of beef dripping?

Trados Pro, you wrote: \"...maybe you should check the software version from your S-Tager...and compare it with your dongle.

Trados provides a dongle test software. Maybe your dongle is damaged\"

On a related issue, perhaps you could tell me how I can convert a floppy dongle into a permanent hard drive facility which will not crash on me at the crucial moments? (I am sure there must be plenty of websites on this subject).

[ This Message was edited by: The Tautologist on 2003-03-23 05:07]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dongle Driver for S-Tagger for FrameMaker...?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »