Thread poster: Charlotte Trillaud
Charlotte Trillaud
Charlotte Trillaud  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:23
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
Apr 24, 2023

Hi ! Have some of you already used DeepL in SDL Trados (I am sure some have tried ? How it goes ? Does it worth it ? Thx for your feedback !

Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 13:23
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
Yes, I have tried it Apr 25, 2023

Charlotte Trillaud wrote:

Have some of you already used DeepL in SDL Trados?

Yes, I have tried DeepL, but not in SDL Trados. I have tried it in MemoQ.

How it goes ?

Well, it worked fine. Some people say, that translations of DeepL are better than those made by Google Translate. I didn't notice much difference.

Does it worth it?

I've come to the conclusion that in my case it's not worth it: too expensive. The matter is that recently I more proofread and edit translations made by other people than translate something myself and the price of DeepL is fixed and doesn't depend on the volume of texts one uses it for. I decided to switch back to Google Translate plugin but at the moment I experience some problems with it as for some reason it doesn't work in my MemoQ 8.7...

Charlotte Trillaud
Charlotte Trillaud  Identity Verified
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thx Apr 25, 2023

Thanks for your reply, Nikita

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
DeepL and Studio Apr 25, 2023

Hi ! Have some of you already used DeepL in SDL Trados (I am sure some have tried ? How it goes ? Does it worth it ? Thx for your feedback !

DeepL works perfectly well with Studio 2021/2022

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DeepL Integrated in SDL

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »