Why are my target segments suddenly purple and underlined?
Thread poster: Hayley Wakenshaw
Hayley Wakenshaw
Hayley Wakenshaw  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:26
Member (2018)
Dutch to English
Mar 23, 2023

***Edit: Never mind. It's something to do with tracked changes. I have somehow managed to turn on tracked changes when I was messing about with the settings this morning. Why the tracked changes are only showing now is a mystery, but that seems to be the answer. Feeling sheepish now...

I came back from my coffee break and started typing, and suddenly, my target segments are underlined and in purple.

The source segments are not in purple.

I have my tagging s
... See more
***Edit: Never mind. It's something to do with tracked changes. I have somehow managed to turn on tracked changes when I was messing about with the settings this morning. Why the tracked changes are only showing now is a mystery, but that seems to be the answer. Feeling sheepish now...

I came back from my coffee break and started typing, and suddenly, my target segments are underlined and in purple.

The source segments are not in purple.

I have my tagging set to visible.

There are no tags in these segments.

All the previous segments that were entered before my coffee break are fine.

I don't recall changing anything in the settings that would do this, but obviously, I've done something somewhere. Any ideas?

I'm working in Studio 2021 Freelance (Trados Studio 2021 SR1 - 16.1.8.4404). The file is a Word doc in a regular Studio package.

purple target segments

[Edited at 2023-03-23 14:27 GMT]
Collapse

MollyRose

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why are my target segments suddenly purple and underlined?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »