"No matches found or no lookup performed" Trados 2022
Thread poster: Samantha Squiggle
Samantha Squiggle
Samantha Squiggle
France
Local time: 13:13
French to English
Feb 27, 2023

Hi, I have recently seen this popping up almost all the time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and I'm still getting it. Trados isn't even spotting repeat text a few lines apart in a document. I'm pulling my hair out! Any ideas? I've looked on the web but can't find anything for Trados 2022 so when I try to follow suggestions I can't because the set-up isn't quite the same.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:13
English to Russian
Еnable TM Feb 27, 2023

Samantha Squiggle wrote:
can't find anything for Trados 2022 so when I try to follow suggestions I can't because the set-up isn't quite the same.
Make sure that your TM is enabled and the Update checkbox is checked.
What suggestions did you try by now? Have you upgraded your TM(s)?

[Edited at 2023-02-27 16:15 GMT]

Ilya_B

Samantha Squiggle
Samantha Squiggle
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
I think I've done that! Feb 27, 2023

I have enabled everything I can see to enable. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled. This just came out of the blue

Renée van Bijsterveld
Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Does concordance search work? Feb 27, 2023

If Concordance search works, Trados recognizes the segment, so it's an automation issue.

Did you enable most of the options on the Automation tab? I know you said "I have enabled everything I can see to enable.", I'm sorry if this remark is useless.

Anyway, as said, if Trados recognizes the segment with Concordance search, you could check for automation issues.

Paul Malone
Paul Malone  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Have you enabled "Auto-propagation"? Feb 27, 2023

Hi Samantha,

The way you describe the issue ("Trados isn't even spotting repeat text a few lines apart in a document") makes me wonder whether you have enabled the Auto-propagation function? When this is enabled, the translation of any repeated text should be propagated automatically throughout your document.

To enable it, you would need to go to File > Options > Editor, and then go down to Auto-propagation in the list (see screenshot).

Capture

That being said, the translation memory should still be recognizing any repeated segments when you open them for translation, regardless of the Auto-propagation function.

You have said you have enabled everything, but are you sure your TM is updating? If your TM is not updating, it could be empty, which would explain the issue.

If this is the case, you would need to make sure that the "Update" box is checked in your Project settings.

To enable TM updating, you would need to go to Home > Project Settings, then check the Update box on the far right (see screenshot).

Project settings

Let me know if this helps at all.

Paul

Stepan Konev

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Upgrade TM Feb 28, 2023

Samantha Squiggle wrote:
I have enabled everything I can see to enable.
Ok, but what about upgrading TM(s)? Have you done that?

[Edited at 2023-02-28 06:15 GMT]

Paul Malone

Samantha Squiggle
Samantha Squiggle
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Still no joy Feb 28, 2023

Many thanks, have followed your suggestions. Still exactly the same. I have just translated a sentence and then gone to the following sentence which is identical except there are two more words at the end and I just get the same message. However, I should correct myself - exact repeat text is indeed coming up when I reach the segment.

Renée van Bijsterveld
Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Minimum match value? Feb 28, 2023

Did you check the minimum match value?
Project Settings, under Language Pairs > All Language Pairs > Translation Memories and Automated Translation > Search.
The Minimum match value is 70 by default, but could this have been changed for some reason?

Stepan Konev
Paul Malone

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Minimum match value Feb 28, 2023

Samantha Squiggle wrote:
I have just translated a sentence and then gone to the following sentence which is identical except there are two more words at the end
If there are two additional words, the sentences are not identical at all. Try to set a lower minimum match value.

Samantha Squiggle
Samantha Squiggle
France
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
It's stopped misbehaving!! Feb 28, 2023

Well I'm not sure which of the changes made the difference - perhaps the automation click but am delighted to report that the problem seems to have disappeared! Many thanks for all your help and reactivity - amazing compared to the RWS forum which was no help at all. Love you all!

Stepan Konev
Renée van Bijsterveld
Paul Malone

Paul Malone
Paul Malone  Identity Verified
France
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
That's great news, Samantha! Feb 28, 2023

Just another thought occurred to me, which might help you if it happens again.

If your TM was initially empty because it had not been updating, which may have caused the behaviour you described, you could use a batch task (Home > Batch Tasks > Update Main Translation Memories) to populate the TM from the file(s) you are currently translating.

I'm pleased you're up and running again!

All the best,
Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"No matches found or no lookup performed" Trados 2022

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »