Jean-Paul ROSETO
Jean-Paul ROSETO
Local time: 08:53
Member (2004)
Italian to French
+ ...
Sep 4, 2021

Hello,
is there someone who can help me to import mqxliff files with Trados Studio 2011?

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:53
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
link Sep 4, 2021

Hi,

I haven't tried it but this link seems to describe what to do

https://helpcenter.memoq.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010378359-Using-MQXLIFF-files-in-SDL-Studio

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:53
English to Russian
RE: OpenExchange "app" Sep 4, 2021

The above-referenced file type definition for MemoQ XLIFF is valid for Trados 2014 only. Trados 2015 and newer versions have this file type already integrated, you don't need to download it separately. Trados 2011 does not support it at all.

Jean-Paul ROSETO
Jean-Paul ROSETO
Member (2004)
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have added the mqxliff file on Trados 2011 Sep 4, 2021

I have added the mqxliff file type in order that Trados recognizes it but it changes nothing, it doesn't work, i still have the error message. This is the link : https://www.web-translations.com/blog/mqxliff-in-trados/

Probably as said earlier, this procedure doesn't work with Trados 2011 because it doesn't support it at all. In order to get the newest version of Trad
... See more
I have added the mqxliff file type in order that Trados recognizes it but it changes nothing, it doesn't work, i still have the error message. This is the link : https://www.web-translations.com/blog/mqxliff-in-trados/

Probably as said earlier, this procedure doesn't work with Trados 2011 because it doesn't support it at all. In order to get the newest version of Trados, would I have to uninstall Trados 2011 completely?

[Modifié le 2021-09-04 14:20 GMT]
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Typo Sep 4, 2021

There is a typo in their instruction. Try again with *.mqxliff (you screenshot shows *mqxliff). I am not sure, maybe that really works for Trados 2011.
What regards your second question, you don’t need to uninstall one version for the other to work properly. However having a newer version and still keep the older one doesn’t make sense.

Jean-Paul ROSETO
Jean-Paul ROSETO
Member (2004)
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it doesn't change anything Sep 4, 2021

I have tried to write in the two different ways like this *mqxliff and like this *.mqxliff and it doesn't change anything, it doesn't work. Normally to open a *. mqxliff document, do I have to do only: File/Open/Document?

Jean-Paul ROSETO
Jean-Paul ROSETO
Member (2004)
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
message obtained Sep 4, 2021

the error message I have is "this file type is not supported"

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Remove space Sep 4, 2021

Also try to remove space before *.mqxliff

[Edited at 2021-09-04 19:07 GMT]

Jean-Paul ROSETO
Jean-Paul ROSETO
Member (2004)
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
by creating a new project I obtain another error message Sep 4, 2021

By creating a new project, and then adding a file, I obtain the following error message "The project must include at least one translatable file."

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Have you removed the whitespace? Sep 4, 2021

Your mqxliff file will not turn translatable until you have the *.mqxliff issue fixed.
The filed where you type file extensions works like sort of regular/wildcard expression. Remove the whitespace. It must be a single line: *.xlf;*.xliff;*.mqxliff

Jean-Paul ROSETO
Jean-Paul ROSETO
Member (2004)
Italian to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it works now Sep 4, 2021

It works now. I have copied the way you wrote. Thanks

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

error message when trying to import mqxliff files with Trados Studio 2011

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »