Inițiatorul discuției: Michelle Silbert
Michelle Silbert
Michelle Silbert
Local time: 19:00
engleză
+ ...
Oct 9, 2007

Hi,

I currently teach conversational spanish to kids 4-7 yr old. For the most part I usually translate catchy american songs from english to spanish or look them up on the internet.

I've been looking for any songs in spanish with a halloween theme.

any ideas?
Thanks!
Michelle

p.s. I've only come up with this counting song so far:
uno, dos, tres calabazas (dos manitas diez deditos song)

Heidi C
Heidi C  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:00
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
Halloween in Spanish... Oct 10, 2007

The problem is that Halloween is not part of the original culture of Spanish speaking countries.

So if you find a Halloween song in Spanish, it will probably be the translation of an English song...

You could look for scary songs in Spanish...

Or take advantage in teaching also the cultural aspect of this season in different places, like getting into Dia de los Muertos in Mexico, or researching if and how this season is celebrated elsewhere.

(
... See more
The problem is that Halloween is not part of the original culture of Spanish speaking countries.

So if you find a Halloween song in Spanish, it will probably be the translation of an English song...

You could look for scary songs in Spanish...

Or take advantage in teaching also the cultural aspect of this season in different places, like getting into Dia de los Muertos in Mexico, or researching if and how this season is celebrated elsewhere.

(There are great sites on Día de los Muertos on line)
Collapse

lingomania
lingomania
Local time: 09:00
din italiană în engleză
Interesting Oct 17, 2007

It would be very interesting to listen to Halloween songs in another language.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spanish Halloween songs for children

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »