https://www.proz.com/forum/teaching_and_learning_languages/86060-spanish_halloween_songs_for_children.html

Spanish Halloween songs for children
Thread poster: Michelle Silbert
Michelle Silbert
Michelle Silbert
Local time: 07:14
English
+ ...
Oct 9, 2007

Hi,

I currently teach conversational spanish to kids 4-7 yr old. For the most part I usually translate catchy american songs from english to spanish or look them up on the internet.

I've been looking for any songs in spanish with a halloween theme.

any ideas?
Thanks!
Michelle

p.s. I've only come up with this counting song so far:
uno, dos, tres calabazas (dos manitas diez deditos song)

Heidi C
Heidi C  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Halloween in Spanish... Oct 10, 2007

The problem is that Halloween is not part of the original culture of Spanish speaking countries.

So if you find a Halloween song in Spanish, it will probably be the translation of an English song...

You could look for scary songs in Spanish...

Or take advantage in teaching also the cultural aspect of this season in different places, like getting into Dia de los Muertos in Mexico, or researching if and how this season is celebrated elsewhere.

(
... See more
The problem is that Halloween is not part of the original culture of Spanish speaking countries.

So if you find a Halloween song in Spanish, it will probably be the translation of an English song...

You could look for scary songs in Spanish...

Or take advantage in teaching also the cultural aspect of this season in different places, like getting into Dia de los Muertos in Mexico, or researching if and how this season is celebrated elsewhere.

(There are great sites on Día de los Muertos on line)
Collapse

lingomania
lingomania
Local time: 21:14
Italian to English
Interesting Oct 17, 2007

It would be very interesting to listen to Halloween songs in another language.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spanish Halloween songs for children

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »