boostrer
boostrer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:05
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
Feb 23, 2015

Have anyone tried this service? Google says that it is going to replace the existing Google Talk. I am almost completely satisfied with Google Talk, but I would like to use it with several gmail or non-gmail addresses at the same time. Is it possible to do this with Hangouts?

Thank you.

Alex Aruj
Alex Aruj  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
I don't know, but... Feb 23, 2015

I received a message explaining that Google Hangouts will be discontinued, since it hadn't built as strong a user base as was hoped. Are you unsatisfied with Skype?

boostrer
boostrer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:05
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
2 Alex Feb 23, 2015

Skype is fine, but it cannot notify me about new emails.

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 00:05
English to German
Google Hangout is not Google+ Hangout Feb 24, 2015

Alex Aruj wrote:

I received a message explaining that Google Hangouts will be discontinued, since it hadn't built as strong a user base as was hoped. Are you unsatisfied with Skype?

Wikipedia:
"On February 16, 2015, Google announced it is discontinuing Google Talk and instructed users to migrate to the Hangouts app on the Chrome browser platform"

Google Hangout and Google+ Hangout are different things.

Tatiana Lammers
Tatiana Lammers  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Google Hangouts Feb 24, 2015

One of my clients insists on using Google Hangouts - they just do not like writing e-mails and explaining what needs to be done and how.
It works similar to Skype. Several people can join the conversation, including people who do not have gmail e-mail address.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google Hangouts

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »