Jean-Philippe Buchkremer
Jean-Philippe Buchkremer  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 04:35
Member (2008)
Flemish to French
+ ...
ProZ.com is a more than liable reference May 14, 2010

Just another sign of quality: I systematically cross-check translation offers from other sites with the Blue Board database... this has already pointed out some 'bad' surprises!

Jean-Philippe
Coaching & Translation Services
Belgium

[Edited at 2010-05-14 07:19 GMT]

mimi 254
mimi 254
Local time: 03:35
French to English
+ ...
Thanks! May 14, 2010

I'm not yet a member but i enjoy Proz.com. Thanks again!

NoblePen
NoblePen  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 10:35
English to Chinese
+ ...
Wonderful May 14, 2010

Thanks for your efforts. I really appreciate this.

Hamidou Ouédraogo
Hamidou Ouédraogo  Identity Verified
Burkina Faso
Local time: 02:35
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
Thank You A Million! May 14, 2010

I really appreciate ProZ.com's support to translators worldwide. Congratulations and keep on with the great job!

Thank You A Million!

Hamidou.

William He
William He  Identity Verified
China
Member (2008)
English
+ ...
令全球译员受益的一个平台 May 14, 2010

谢谢 PROZ 团队为大家提供的这个很好的平台,以及他们对这个平台的不断改进!

[Edited at 2010-05-14 13:26 GMT]

Chinara Ahmadova
Chinara Ahmadova  Identity Verified
Azerbaijan
Azerbaijani to English
+ ...
We are the team! Biz bir komandayıq! May 14, 2010

It's a great honour to be the member of proz.com team. You changed my life. Thank you for your professional activity.

Proz.com komandasının üzvü olmaq böyük şərəfdir. Həyatımı dəyişdirdiniz. Peşəkar fəaliyyətiniz üçün minnətdaram.

[Edited at 2010-05-14 12:41 GMT]

Juan-Francisco Silvente
Juan-Francisco Silvente
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Team work. May 14, 2010

People like you and your team make the difference. That's why Proz.com is making the difference as well all over the net.
Congratulations and thank you very much for your hard work.

gcpradhan1
gcpradhan1
India
Japanese to English
+ ...
Thanks to Proz's Team Efforts ! May 14, 2010

Thanks a lot to the whole Proz team members & moderators for their active support, improvement and flexible to the demands. Changes in the job posting system after open discussions with member is definitely a great effort.

Warm Regards
Gouranga
http://hanatranslationservices.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

[2010-05-14 12:00 GMT�
... See more
Thanks a lot to the whole Proz team members & moderators for their active support, improvement and flexible to the demands. Changes in the job posting system after open discussions with member is definitely a great effort.

Warm Regards
Gouranga
http://hanatranslationservices.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

[2010-05-14 12:00 GMTに編集されました]
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:35
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Thanks a lot! May 14, 2010

The site is getting better and better!

Michael

lucca
lucca
Romania
Local time: 05:35
English to Romanian
The average color of cats is gray (or is it?) ;-) May 14, 2010

In my opinion, the more specialized and experienced a translator is, the lesser the chance s(he) would find new clients trough Proz, at fair enough tariffs.
Mainly, I received junk inquiries which were the result of "blind", automated searches. The vast majority of prospective clients who sent me messages never bothered to even read my profile on Proz. About the tariffs: suffice it to say that I'm working now exclusively on the internal Romanian market, deeply affected by the crisis.
... See more
In my opinion, the more specialized and experienced a translator is, the lesser the chance s(he) would find new clients trough Proz, at fair enough tariffs.
Mainly, I received junk inquiries which were the result of "blind", automated searches. The vast majority of prospective clients who sent me messages never bothered to even read my profile on Proz. About the tariffs: suffice it to say that I'm working now exclusively on the internal Romanian market, deeply affected by the crisis.
BlueBoard is excellent.
Kudoz is now kind of a mess or, rather, let me put it like this: it is significantly less than what it once was. I no longer subscribe to Kudoz questions.
So, why did I renew my subscription as a Proz member?
1. BlueBoard.
2. The general spirit of the site. As a translator, a feel I'm among others just like myself. I feel I'm among friends, peers, co-workers etc.
3. The incessant efforts of the staff (and of Jared) and of many users to improve the site.
In my case, being a Proz Certified translator is good for my ego. Enough said.
The Romanian language forum at Proz is in a state of sad and obvious decline, killed mainly by inadequate "netiquete" rules and too much "human error" (mainly passivity).
Yet, the "general atmosphere" at Proz is still nice. Is it enough?

[Edited at 2010-05-15 06:28 GMT]
Collapse

Condi_
Condi_  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Thank you May 14, 2010

proz has come a long way.

Constanze

Toralf Mjelde
Toralf Mjelde  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:35
Member (2007)
English to Norwegian
Thanks a million May 14, 2010

Thank you very much for your hard work and dedication. I would not be a translator without you guys!

Francine Alloncle
Francine Alloncle
Italy
Italian to French
Merci Jaret May 14, 2010

Thanks a lot for this great, useful report and hope more success for Proz and all members.
I thank also Proz team members & moderators for their active support.
Congratulations and again thank you very much for your hard work.

FRANCINE

Asim Fageary
Asim Fageary  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
Thank you to Proz.com for linking us globally May 15, 2010

Thank you to all proz management and supporting teams to connecting us globally and developing everlasting techniques to improve translators' environment.

Asim Fageary

Certified translator from Arab Professional Translators Society

[Edited at 2010-05-15 07:38 GMT]

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 23:35
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Thanks! May 16, 2010

Thanks for alerting me to this excellent report, Jared...and thanks to all the staff and everyone who works hard to make this site such a great place for translators. 15,000 members - wow! I've been a member for quite a while, and can say that it's been very, very helpful to me as a freelancer.

Big hugs from Rio,
Amy

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mid-year report to members, 2010

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »