Thread poster: Jon Peck
Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Uploading a CV Aug 19, 2009

Hello nina2000,

nina2000 wrote:

how can i post my resume?

You can upload your CV/Resume from your Profile updater. Just select the language in which your CV is written from the drop-down menu and click on the Browse button to search your computer's file system for the document you wish to upload.

Once you have chosen the document, check the agreement box and select a visibility permission for your CV. Finally, click on the Save and update profile button.

Just make sure your CV is in .txt, .pdf, .doc, .docx, or .rtf format, and is no larger than 250 KB.

Also, remember that ProZ.com uses multiple webservers to handle user traffic. When you upload anything via the Profile Updater page, it may take several minutes to become visible.

Just give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Lucia

Travelin Ann
Travelin Ann  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:35
French to English
+ ...
Agree Aug 22, 2009

toniawind wrote:

One thing I had trouble doing was trying to change areas listed under the "specialty fields" section. It took me a number of tries to add/remove choices as when I would remove a choice from the specialty field section, it wouldn't appear again in the main specialty fields list of desired fields (for me to be able to choose to include in my working field).

Agree - I find this very annoying! I'm new at ProZ, so don't know the old format, but this issue is keeping me from completing my profile.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Saving changes before applying new ones Aug 22, 2009

hooksett416 wrote:

Agree

toniawind wrote:

One thing I had trouble doing was trying to change areas listed under the "specialty fields" section. It took me a number of tries to add/remove choices as when I would remove a choice from the specialty field section, it wouldn't appear again in the main specialty fields list of desired fields (for me to be able to choose to include in my working field).

Agree - I find this very annoying! I'm new at ProZ, so don't know the old format, but this issue is keeping me from completing my profile.

To be able to move one field from a section to another, you must first remove the field in question and then click on Save and update profile to save the change just made. Once the change has been saved, the removed field should become available in the list of fields to be added to the section you consider most appropriate.

Please, try this and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Lucia

lecko
lecko
Local time: 18:35
English to Slovak
No updates saved Sep 4, 2009

Hi Jon,

I've updated my profile here at proz.com at least three times, clicked 'update and save' each time I provided new info and got to 80%. But then, after a few minutes of saving and updating I went back to where I was before, to some 40%, with no changes saved. Do you know what may be the reason?

Regards,
Lenka

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Several areas haven't been completed yet Sep 4, 2009

Hello Lenka,

In effect, I see that your profile is 47% complete as you have not yet entered any information in the following areas:

1) ...
See more
Hello Lenka,

In effect, I see that your profile is 47% complete as you have not yet entered any information in the following areas:

1) Contact information

3) Years of experience

4) Rates

5) About me

6) Keywords

7) Sample translations

8) Sample translations

9) WWA feedback

Just visit these links and add more information to your profile (complete name, rates, sample translations) . Then click on Save and update profile to save the changes applied.

If, after doing this, the profile completeness percentage shown a the top left corner of your Profile updater still shows in 47%, please submit a support request with the information you are trying to enter and specify your browser type and version so that this can be looked into further.

Hope this helps!

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Beatriz Ramírez de Haro
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:35
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Empty sections in profile Sep 5, 2009

Dear Staff,
Thank you very much for your constant work in improving the site.
I would be convenient for me to make the credentials section in my profile invisible to visitors, which at present is impossible as this section is a fixed feature.
Being an autodidact, I have no credentials to display (at least, not yet), but I don't really want to stress the fact in front of visitors.
Maybe some other colleagues are in my same situation. Would it be possible to toggle the visi
... See more
Dear Staff,
Thank you very much for your constant work in improving the site.
I would be convenient for me to make the credentials section in my profile invisible to visitors, which at present is impossible as this section is a fixed feature.
Being an autodidact, I have no credentials to display (at least, not yet), but I don't really want to stress the fact in front of visitors.
Maybe some other colleagues are in my same situation. Would it be possible to toggle the visibility of unfilled profile sections in the future?

And, talking about the future, I agree with ICL's suggestion:
On the other hand, I take this opportunity to suggest a couple extra areas/fields for the future, which maybe Proz.com can consider for the next profile updater round of improvements...
2) An area for "continuing education" selection. That is, if, for example, we have attended a translation or any other type of conference, course, etc., online or offline. In this case, it doesn't necessarily have to be a Proz.com-organized one, but it can be any relevant learning course or seminar, etc.

Thanks for everything,
Bea

[Edited at 2009-09-05 11:03 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-09-05 11:08 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-09-05 11:11 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-09-05 11:13 GMT]
Collapse

Giia Weigel
Giia Weigel  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:35
Member (2008)
English to Estonian
+ ...
Identity missing Sep 23, 2009

I am using Explorer. Today i noticed that my profile was 94% complete and that my Idendtity was missing????? My name is listed, options listed and when I save, nothing happens. Please advise!

Giia

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Your profile shows the 100% completeness green check mark now Sep 23, 2009

Dear Giia,

Giia Weigel wrote:

I am using Explorer. Today i noticed that my profile was 94% complete and that my Idendtity was missing????? My name is listed, options listed and when I save, nothing happens. Please advise!

Giia

The problem should be solved now. If you experience something similar in the future please submit a support request.

This will help site staff provide prompt assistance

Regards,
Romina

Asmanizan
Asmanizan
Malaysia
Local time: 01:35
Malay to English
+ ...
User-friendly site Sep 28, 2009

Hi,

This is really a User-friendly site for translators. The guide is really helping me keeping my essential info updated.

Thx dear administrator

Regards from Malaysia

Jon Peck
Jon Peck  Identity Verified
English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the kind words Sep 30, 2009

asmanizan wrote:

Hi,

This is really a User-friendly site for translators. The guide is really helping me keeping my essential info updated.

Thx dear administrator

Regards from Malaysia
Dear asmanizan,

Thanks for the kind words! I have shared them with the rest of the development team.

Best regards,
Jon Peck
ProZ.com Development Manager

Silvia L-C
Silvia L-C
English to Spanish
+ ...
Changing from Profile to Translator Sep 30, 2009

Hi,

I want to change my profile to say /translator/_____ instead of /profile/_________.

I've done it in the past, but I can't find it for life of me!

Jon Peck
Jon Peck  Identity Verified
English
TOPIC STARTER
Search Engine Optimization Sep 30, 2009

Silvia L-C wrote:

Hi,

I want to change my profile to say /translator/_____ instead of /profile/_________.

I've done it in the past, but I can't find it for life of me!
It's in "Search Engine Optimization" - http://www.proz.com/settings/freelancer/seo

Best regards,
Jon

Silvia L-C
Silvia L-C
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks Sep 30, 2009

Gee, thanks. I knew I had seen it!

Tess Whitty
Tess Whitty
United States
Local time: 11:35
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
Cannot change keywords Oct 7, 2009

Thanks for the updated tool! However, when I click on edit keywords, I can edit the keywords but they do not update in the profile when I go there to look later. What to do?

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Adding keywords to your profile Oct 7, 2009

Hello Tess,

I just checked the Keywords section of your profile and I was able to add a 'test keyword' to the list.

Would you mind trying again? Remember, to enter keywords in your profile, just go to your Profile updater, enter a new keyword in the Keywords section and then click on "Save and update profile".

If you still cannot see the keywords you add after t
... See more
Hello Tess,

I just checked the Keywords section of your profile and I was able to add a 'test keyword' to the list.

Would you mind trying again? Remember, to enter keywords in your profile, just go to your Profile updater, enter a new keyword in the Keywords section and then click on "Save and update profile".

If you still cannot see the keywords you add after this, please submit a support request, specifying the keywords you want to enter so that I can look into this further.

Hope this helps.

Please, keep me posted.

Regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Profile updater revised to address usability and quality issues

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »