Home page - jobs show as open, but closed when clicked through? (Staff: Resolved)
论题张贴者: Jennifer Hejtmankova
Jennifer Hejtmankova
Jennifer Hejtmankova  Identity Verified
捷克共和国
Local time: 23:37
正式会员 (自2007)
Czech捷克语译成English英语
+ ...
Feb 23, 2008

I have the listings for CZE/ENG jobs on my homepage. There is a listing there at the bottom ("More Open Translating and Interpreting JObs", but when I click through to the job listing, it shows as closed....

Just something you might want to look into...

Jennifer

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-02-29 19:57]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-02-29 20:01]

RichardDeegan
RichardDeegan
Local time: 16:37
Spanish西班牙语译成English英语
They probably ARE closed Feb 23, 2008

Jobs are posted in chronological order, meaning that "more translation jobs" will take you into jobs that were posted earlier, and most likely either expired or were filled.

Jennifer Hejtmankova
Jennifer Hejtmankova  Identity Verified
捷克共和国
正式会员 (自2007)
Czech捷克语译成English英语
+ ...
主题发起人
Just a bad layout, I think... Feb 23, 2008

RichardDeegan wrote:

Jobs are posted in chronological order, meaning that "more translation jobs" will take you into jobs that were posted earlier, and most likely either expired or were filled.

Actually the more I look at it, it's just poorly laid out....

Right under the list of recent jobs, there's a link that says "More Open Translating and Interpreting Jobs" (which takes me to a page of all CZE>ENG jobs for the past week or so, open and closed) and then under that there's an old job from Feb 18 listed, which, when I click on it, takes me to the page for that specific job, which is marked closed here, but it isn't marked closed on the home page, as are the closed jobs above it). It's just weird...basically the word "open" doesn't need to be there...

Maybe it works differently for more common language pairs, but here it's just odd...

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
德国
English英语译成German德语
+ ...
Submit a Support Request Feb 23, 2008

Hi Jen,
Please submit a Support Request to ProZ.com staff, indicating the URL of the job concerned.

Best regards,
Ralf

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 18:37
网站工作人员
Try it now Feb 27, 2008

Hello Jen,

Thanks for submitting your support request. The word "open" has been removed, for those who have chosen to see both open and closed jobs, and closed jobs should all be appearing as closed.

By the way, remember that you have the option to filter out closed jobs if you wish by going to http://www.proz.com/?sp=jobs and changing the "Status" filter from "All" to "Open". Make
... See more
Hello Jen,

Thanks for submitting your support request. The word "open" has been removed, for those who have chosen to see both open and closed jobs, and closed jobs should all be appearing as closed.

By the way, remember that you have the option to filter out closed jobs if you wish by going to http://www.proz.com/?sp=jobs and changing the "Status" filter from "All" to "Open". Make sure you click on the "Search jobs (and save settings)" button.

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Home page - jobs show as open, but closed when clicked through? (Staff: Resolved)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »