A témához tartozó oldalak:   [1 2] >
Proz.com site dead slow on loading (staff: 'ok - we are investigating')
Téma indítója: Gianni Pastore
Gianni Pastore
Gianni Pastore  Identity Verified
Olaszország
Local time: 22:19
Tag (2007 óta)
angol - olasz
Oct 24, 2007

It's few days that Proz pages are loading painfully slow (I am using the new design version of the site). No problem at all with any other site I visit daily. No changes done on my browser (Firefox), no new sw installed, no problem whatsoever with the PC or the broadband connection (2MB/sec). Is it just me, or what?

Best
Gianni

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-10-24 15:36]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Németország
angol - német
+ ...
Submit a Support Request Oct 24, 2007

Hi Gianni,
No problems here at all - I'm also using the new design, with Firefox 2.0.0.8.

May I suggest to submit a Support Request to ProZ.com, indicating your full technical details (operating system, exact browser version, etc.).

Best regards,
Ralf

Gianni Pastore
Olaszország
Tag (2007 óta)
angol - olasz
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Ok Ralf Oct 24, 2007

I presume it's my problem, then. I'll check better with my system to see if I have changed something unintentionally. Will submit a ticket if nothing changes in few days.

Thanks a lot, cheers!
Gianni

Idoia Echenique
Idoia Echenique  Identity Verified
Spanyolország
angol - spanyol
Same here, Gianni! Oct 24, 2007

I was about to post the same question. No browser changes (Firefox 2.0.0.8, too), 4 Mb broadband, emptied temp files. It is dead slow both in PC and brand new laptop. Actually, I thought the site was under some kind of maintenance/change works of something of the sort.

Please, will you let me know if you find a solution? (just to avoid submitting a Support Request with same question).

Thanks! and good
... See more
I was about to post the same question. No browser changes (Firefox 2.0.0.8, too), 4 Mb broadband, emptied temp files. It is dead slow both in PC and brand new laptop. Actually, I thought the site was under some kind of maintenance/change works of something of the sort.

Please, will you let me know if you find a solution? (just to avoid submitting a Support Request with same question).

Thanks! and good luck!
Collapse

Gianni Pastore
Olaszország
Tag (2007 óta)
angol - olasz
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Ok, Idoia Oct 24, 2007

Will work on it. Will let you know if I get to sort things out. Cheers!
Gianni

Chiara Righele
Chiara Righele  Identity Verified
Olaszország
angol - olasz
+ ...
Also happened here Oct 24, 2007

I thought it was the new design, but when I switch to the old one nothing really improves

Chiara

PS: I'm also using Firefox 2.0.0.8, but I don't have problems with other sites

[Edited at 2007-10-24 12:05]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 16:19
WEBOLDAL ALAPÍTÓJA
We'll look into it. Oct 24, 2007

Thanks. This seems to be an issue on our end, and it appears that some users are being affected while others are not. We are looking into it.

Gianni Pastore
Olaszország
Tag (2007 óta)
angol - olasz
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Thanks, Henry Oct 24, 2007

Henry D wrote:

Thanks. This seems to be an issue on our end, and it appears that some users are being affected while others are not. We are looking into it.

Cheers
Gianni

Gianni Pastore
Olaszország
Tag (2007 óta)
angol - olasz
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Let me be more precise Oct 24, 2007

The loading itself is not slow, once it has started. The problem is that the site is slow on answering the request the browser sends. Say, once I have clicked on a link inside the Proz, it takes up to 30 sec to start loading the page. Hope it helps!
Gianni

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 16:19
WEBOLDAL ALAPÍTÓJA
Thanks, Gianni Oct 24, 2007

Gianni Pastore wrote:

The loading itself is not slow, once it has started. The problem is that the site is slow on answering the request the browser sends. Say, once I have clicked on a link inside the Proz, it takes up to 30 sec to start loading the page. Hope it helps!
Gianni

Yes, thanks - the servers are taking extra time to produce the content, but there is no problem with the pipe between the servers and you. Andrew is still looking into this.

Atena Hensch
Atena Hensch  Identity Verified
Új-Zéland
Local time: 08:19
perzsa (fárszi) - angol
+ ...
jobs Oct 24, 2007

also I realized that I can't see all the jobs posted recently in my language pairs with the old design. I realized that I missed few jobs completely. I even didn't receive emails for them. It seems I can not see all the jobs in my language pair with my new design. Anybody has the same problem?
cheers
Atena

Idoia Echenique
Idoia Echenique  Identity Verified
Spanyolország
angol - spanyol
Great! It works! Oct 25, 2007

Thanks to Andrew and whoever else worked fixing the problem. Great being able to browse through the site again without losing my patience!

Thank you!

Idoia

Andrew
Andrew
Egyesült Államok
angol
Happy to hear your experience has improved Oct 25, 2007

Hello everyone,

I've been examining our load times over the last week or so and I've found a couple spots that seem to be slowing things down.

I've already applied an optimization to a bit of code used by many of our pages and I'm hoping this will ease at least some frustrations.

Gianni, have you notices a boost in performance?

Best Regards,
Andrew

Gianni Pastore
Olaszország
Tag (2007 óta)
angol - olasz
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Yes, thanks! Oct 25, 2007

Andrew wrote:

Hello everyone,

I've been examining our load times over the last week or so and I've found a couple spots that seem to be slowing things down.

I've already applied an optimization to a bit of code used by many of our pages and I'm hoping this will at least eased some frustrations.

Gianni, have you notices a boost in performance?

Best Regards,
Andrew

Thanks Andrew, it's back to normality here.
Keep up the good work!
Gianni

Chiara Righele
Chiara Righele  Identity Verified
Olaszország
angol - olasz
+ ...
Thanks for fixing the problem Oct 26, 2007

A témához tartozó oldalak:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proz.com site dead slow on loading (staff: 'ok - we are investigating')

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »