Is it possible to convert Hindi text typed in a true type font into Unicode (Mangal) font?
Thread poster: Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 23:15
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
May 19, 2005

A few days ago, I was assigned a translation job by an Agency for translation from English to Hindi and I was asked to get the translated text typed in a true type font. Therefore, I got the matter typed in Kruti Dev 010. Now the Agency wants me to type the entire text in Hindi Unicode which is a very laborious and time-consuming process as the document contains thousands of words and Hindi Unicode typing takes a great deal of time.

I am just curious to know whether it is possibl
... See more
A few days ago, I was assigned a translation job by an Agency for translation from English to Hindi and I was asked to get the translated text typed in a true type font. Therefore, I got the matter typed in Kruti Dev 010. Now the Agency wants me to type the entire text in Hindi Unicode which is a very laborious and time-consuming process as the document contains thousands of words and Hindi Unicode typing takes a great deal of time.

I am just curious to know whether it is possible to convert the text typed in Kruti Dev font into a Unicode(Mangal) font as it will help in saving time and extra efforts.

Thanks in anticipation.
Collapse

Anil Goyal
Anil Goyal  Identity Verified
India
English to Hindi
+ ...
not possible... May 20, 2005

..unfortunately. I faced the same problem and tried various options. I created the Word Macros for replacing characters, but it doesn't work because the characters formation in Krutidev do not follow rigid rules. For example, you can get the same character by typing say, 'mho' and 'moh'.

Finally, the only option was to re-type everything. And, it is better to offload this work to a typesetter. I know one such typesetter whose turnaround is quick. You may contact her at vividhag AT
... See more
..unfortunately. I faced the same problem and tried various options. I created the Word Macros for replacing characters, but it doesn't work because the characters formation in Krutidev do not follow rigid rules. For example, you can get the same character by typing say, 'mho' and 'moh'.

Finally, the only option was to re-type everything. And, it is better to offload this work to a typesetter. I know one such typesetter whose turnaround is quick. You may contact her at vividhag AT gmail.com.

Anil
Collapse

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Anil May 21, 2005

Thanks so much Anil for your practical advice. I have contacted the typesetter at the address mentioned by you but there is no response from her so far. It appears that I'll have to manage it myself as the deadline is approaching.

Anil Goyal wrote:

Finally, the only option was to re-type everything. And, it is better to offload this work to a typesetter. I know one such typesetter whose turnaround is quick. You may contact her at vividhag AT gmail.com.

Anil

Balasubramaniam L.
Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
India
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Have you tried Aksharmala? May 21, 2005

As I had mentioned in my answer to one of your earlier queries, this is possible with EnvConverter (a VB macro that works with MSWord, and which can be downloaded from microsoft's website). More information can be had on this from this website:

www.bhashaindia.com.

Another source you could explore is this small utility software called Aksharmala. A free version of this can be downloa
... See more
As I had mentioned in my answer to one of your earlier queries, this is possible with EnvConverter (a VB macro that works with MSWord, and which can be downloaded from microsoft's website). More information can be had on this from this website:

www.bhashaindia.com.

Another source you could explore is this small utility software called Aksharmala. A free version of this can be downloaded from here:

http://www.aksharamala.com/download/free/

But let me caution you, the free version does not have the function you are looking for. This function is available in the professional version of the utility which costs Rs. 100 and can be downloaded from the same site.

I haven't tried this myself, and therefore cannot express any opinion on how good this utility really is. I suggest you explore the site and find out from the site itself whether the utility has the function of converting from kruti dev to unicode (which basically means whether it has the code page of kruti dev installed in it. It does mention that it can convert legacy fonts into unicode.

Good luck.
Collapse

englishhindi
englishhindi
English to Hindi
how to work with unicode Apr 22, 2006

Anil Goyal wrote:

Anil

Hi Anil
Could you please guide me how to use unicode? although it is a very basic question. Till now I work with hindipad, But webdeveloper with whom I work, writes from USA that it we should also try to use unicode true type font that is being used by BBC people. although I don't have any problem with my present software but still I want to know, May be it could prove more useful.
Thank you so much

phataknila
phataknila
kruti dev to unicode Feb 23, 2011

It is possible to convert the text typed in kruti dev to unicode (mangal font). n number of converters are available to very easy.

[Edited at 2011-02-23 06:53 GMT]

Infoweb Service
Infoweb Service
English to Hindi
+ ...
Online Kruti Dev to Unicode Hindi Conversion Apr 30, 2011

Hi,

Well, you can now convert Kruti Dev Hindi text to Unicode Hindi Text Online, either by uploading your Hindi text files (typed using Kruti Dev font) or directly typing online and then convert this text to Unicode Hindi.

After the text has been converted to Unicode Hindi it can be copied and pasted somewhere else or you can also send this to your email id as a email attachment.

Take a look at
http://www.infowebservices.in/hindi/
... See more
Hi,

Well, you can now convert Kruti Dev Hindi text to Unicode Hindi Text Online, either by uploading your Hindi text files (typed using Kruti Dev font) or directly typing online and then convert this text to Unicode Hindi.

After the text has been converted to Unicode Hindi it can be copied and pasted somewhere else or you can also send this to your email id as a email attachment.

Take a look at
http://www.infowebservices.in/hindi/

If you need help then you can ask for help in Unicode Hindi Forum.

Regards,

for Infoweb Services
Collapse

rohitsingh67
rohitsingh67
India
Yes, It is Possible to Converter Unicode to Mangal & Vice-Versa Jun 15, 2023

To convert Chanakya font to Unicode, you can follow these simple steps using the Chanakya to Unicode converter website you provided:

1. Open your web browser and visit the Krutidev to Unicode converter website. You can access it using the provided URL: https://krutidevconverter.in/chanakya-to-unicode.

2. On the converter website, you will find a text box
... See more
To convert Chanakya font to Unicode, you can follow these simple steps using the Chanakya to Unicode converter website you provided:

1. Open your web browser and visit the Krutidev to Unicode converter website. You can access it using the provided URL: https://krutidevconverter.in/chanakya-to-unicode.

2. On the converter website, you will find a text box labeled "Paste Krutidev or Chanakya font text here."

3. Copy the Chanakya font text that you want to convert. Make sure to select the entire text accurately.

4. Return to the Krutidev to Unicode converter website and paste the copied Chanakya font text into the designated text box.

5. Click on the "Convert" button or a similar option available on the website. This will initiate the conversion process.

6. Wait for a few moments while the converter processes the Chanakya font text and converts it to Unicode.

7. Once the conversion is complete, you will see the converted Unicode text in the text box labeled "Unicode converted text."

8. Select and copy the converted Unicode text from the text box.

9. Open your preferred application or text editor where you want to use the Unicode text.

10. Paste the copied Unicode text into the desired application or text editor.

Congratulations! You have successfully converted the Chanakya font text to Unicode using the Krutidev to Unicode converter website. Now you can utilize the converted Unicode text as needed.
Collapse

Rajan Chopra

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Rohit Jun 17, 2023

This was asked more than 18 years ago when the Hindi computing was at a nascent stage. Nowadays, so many options are available.

Thanks again for your detailed and valuable reply.

rohitsingh67 wrote:

2. On the converter website, you will find a text box labeled "Paste Krutidev or Chanakya font text here."

3. Copy the Chanakya font text that you want to convert. Make sure to select the entire text accurately.

4. Return to the Krutidev to Unicode converter website and paste the copied Chanakya font text into the designated text box.

5. Click on the "Convert" button or a similar option available on the website. This will initiate the conversion process.

6. Wait for a few moments while the converter processes the Chanakya font text and converts it to Unicode.

7. Once the conversion is complete, you will see the converted Unicode text in the text box labeled "Unicode converted text."

8. Select and copy the converted Unicode text from the text box.

9. Open your preferred application or text editor where you want to use the Unicode text.

10. Paste the copied Unicode text into the desired application or text editor.

Congratulations! You have successfully converted the Chanakya font text to Unicode using the Krutidev to Unicode converter website. Now you can utilize the converted Unicode text as needed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to convert Hindi text typed in a true type font into Unicode (Mangal) font?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »