Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'm afraid it won't be possible to be happy Jan 25, 2012

Iza Szczypka wrote:

Clarisa Moraña wrote:
... your happiness is our happiness

I feel happiest when offered 200% of my standard rate. You want me happy? So you know what to do...

When I started to study Translation at the university, we studied Logic. We learnt some rules sort of IF A IS TRUE, and B is TRUE, then both A & B are TRUE. (Please forgive me if do not remember the Logic statements well, I studied that so many years ago).

My happiness A: Is their happiness
My happiness B: A fair rate

Their happiness A: My happiness
Their happiness B: A low rate

My happiness A = Their happiness A = My happiness B
Nevertheless
My happiness B NOT EQUAL TO Their happiness B

Thus their statement is not true.

Have a great day!

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:21
German to French
+ ...
Yeah, I know them Jan 25, 2012

Hola Clarisa!

You're certainly not the only one they contacted - they contacted me via Skype a couple weeks ago too, without even introducing themselves, and offered to work for us. When I replied that we already were an agency and that I could not see the viability of a workflow "end client > agency > agency > translator", and that the translator at the end of the chain is probably paid peanuts, they replied that their translators were always delighted and happy and that to be that
... See more
Hola Clarisa!

You're certainly not the only one they contacted - they contacted me via Skype a couple weeks ago too, without even introducing themselves, and offered to work for us. When I replied that we already were an agency and that I could not see the viability of a workflow "end client > agency > agency > translator", and that the translator at the end of the chain is probably paid peanuts, they replied that their translators were always delighted and happy and that to be that agressive, I was lacking inner peace and was sad and depressed.

They also wished me to find the inner peace I clearly don't have. Muhaha!

Seriously, this Skype chat made me laugh so hard I just had to share it on Facebook where we kept having a really good laugh. I don't know what these guys smoke, but they certainly sound stoned
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Low rates + inner peace offer - a joke?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »