Anna Haxen
Anna Haxen  Identity Verified
Danemark
Local time: 20:00
Membre (2005)
anglais vers danois
+ ...
Oct 29, 2012

I am working on a huge translation in MemoQ (not my most frequently used CAT tool) and I have this problem:

While fuzzy and 100% matches from previous translations (the client's online TM) do turn up, no repetitions or near-repetitions from within this particular document are appearing as matches the way they do when I use Wordfast or Trados. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Sebastijan P
Sebastijan P
Slovénie
anglais vers slovène
+ ...
Some basics Oct 30, 2012

Hi,

sorry if this is too dumb to ask:

a) Do you confirm segments to a working/primary TM?
b) Do you see a symbol for repetitions next to the segment status?
c) Update memoQ to 6.0.63 (it might not help but having the latest version installed can be helpful sometimes).

Kind regards,
Sebastijan

Anna Haxen
Anna Haxen  Identity Verified
Danemark
Local time: 20:00
Membre (2005)
anglais vers danois
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
Not dumb at all Oct 30, 2012

Thank you for your help, Sebastijan. It helped point me in the right direction. Actually, I feel dumb now, because it turns out that I have been 'confirming without updating' (client's instructions). Also, I am denied access to the primary (client) TM, meaning that I couldn't confirm and update at all. I have now set my own TM to primary and this seems to have solved the problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Repetitions not turning up as matches in 6.0.62

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »