Merging multiple MemQ TMs
Thread poster: Roy Williams
Roy Williams
Roy Williams  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 01:23
German to English
Nov 23, 2011

Just recently purchased a license for MemQ Pro and want to merge the TMs accumulated while using the 4free version. Is that possible?

TIA

Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
United States
Local time: 16:23
English to Chinese
a possible solution Nov 23, 2011

Hi Roy,

I have never used a MemoQ free version, so I don't know if the TMs created in it are any different from the ones created in the Pro version. Have you tried going to the resource console (the symbol that looks like a binder/book), export your TMs to the TMX format, then create a new TM, and import your TMs into the new TM?

This is what I usually do to merge different TMs into one in the Pro version.

Chun-yi

Roy Williams
Roy Williams  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 01:23
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
No Nov 24, 2011

No I haven't tried. I assumed that there was some kind of option where one could select two or more TMs and merge them per button push or similar. But your solution is just as good.

Thanks for responding,

Roy

Valery Afanasiev
Valery Afanasiev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 02:23
English to Russian
+ ...
Yes Nov 24, 2011

Simply export all the old TM's as TMX to somewhere, create a new TM in MemoQ and re-import all those into one new.

Okapi Olifant (freeware) is also helpful to merge tmx files.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Merging multiple MemQ TMs

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »