Thread poster: Johan Venter
Johan Venter
Johan Venter  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:47
Dutch to English
+ ...
Aug 26, 2011

I translated a 4k document yesterday that consisted mostly of tables with key terms and codes, with several 100% matches. It took me a very long time to work through this document due to the nature and format of the file, but I felt that MemoQ also slowed me down quite a bit as it does not seem to be able to skip ahead when encountering a 100% match (or I don't know how to enable this feature). I've seen this function in Trados before and it is very handy.

Can anybody tell me if th
... See more
I translated a 4k document yesterday that consisted mostly of tables with key terms and codes, with several 100% matches. It took me a very long time to work through this document due to the nature and format of the file, but I felt that MemoQ also slowed me down quite a bit as it does not seem to be able to skip ahead when encountering a 100% match (or I don't know how to enable this feature). I've seen this function in Trados before and it is very handy.

Can anybody tell me if there is perhaps a setting in MemoQ to enable this feature? For the record I have MemoQ 4.5.7.7.
Collapse

Arkadi Burkov
Arkadi Burkov  Identity Verified
Belarus
Local time: 15:47
English to Russian
Try this Aug 26, 2011

I do it this way.
Edit -> Goto Next Settings -> Status (tab): check Not started, Edited, Fuzzy or fragments, Single 100^ match, Single 101% match, Multiple 100% or 101% matches in the Row status... pane, then check Automatically jump after confirmation. Click OK to exit the dialog.
This should help

Johan Venter
Johan Venter  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:47
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Aug 26, 2011

That worked like a charm, thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Skipping ahead

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »