New Mentoring Program in the Making - and Hi, I'm Tanya
Thread poster: Tanya Quintieri
Tanya Quintieri
Tanya Quintieri
Local time: 19:11
SITE STAFF
Dec 22, 2023

Dear community,

As the year draws to a close, I'm excited to introduce myself to this diverse community. I've recently embarked on a new journey at ProZ.com as the Program Manager, with my first major challenge being the restructuring of the mentoring program.

Why me for this role? Well, my story might resonate with many of you. I began my freelance translation career in 2002 as a side hustle and transitioned to full-time in 2009, initially working exclusively with dir
... See more
Dear community,

As the year draws to a close, I'm excited to introduce myself to this diverse community. I've recently embarked on a new journey at ProZ.com as the Program Manager, with my first major challenge being the restructuring of the mentoring program.

Why me for this role? Well, my story might resonate with many of you. I began my freelance translation career in 2002 as a side hustle and transitioned to full-time in 2009, initially working exclusively with direct clients. At that time, I was unaware of the formal qualifications and university programs available for translators, marking an unconventional entry into the industry. My background spans IT and engineering project management, marketing, and HR, with mentoring and training always being integral parts of my roles.

Upon going full-time in 2009, one of my initial steps was to mentor an intern, followed by several others, eventually leading groups of young translators and forming a mastermind group for seasoned professionals and even those nearing retirement. Over the past 14 years, I've had the privilege of closely working with numerous individuals in both mentor and mentee capacities. In fact, I continue to seek mentorship myself to this day. Reflecting on this journey, I was honored to receive the ProZ.com Community Choice Award for Best Mentor in 2017.

Do I have all the answers? Far from it. I firmly believe in the perpetual journey of learning, innovation, and professional growth. If I possess any superpower, it's my unyielding curiosity and a deep-seated passion for knowledge sharing. I consider these the cornerstone of personal and professional success, a journey rather than a destination.

So here I am, delighted to join you in this new capacity (having been a member of ProZ.com since early 2010), eager to co-create an impactful mentoring program that embodies our shared motto: "Empowering Freelance Language Professionals." Stay tuned for upcoming virtual meetups (with the first slated for Tuesday, January 9th), surveys, and more engaging initiatives.

I'm thrilled you're part of this journey. Enjoy the festive season, stay safe and healthy, and I look forward to connecting with you in the new year.

Warm regards,
Tanya
Collapse

Dalia Nour
Quentin NEVEN
Annette Golawska

Eva Stoppa
Eva Stoppa  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
All the best for you! Dec 22, 2023

Hi Tanya!

What a surprise to meet you here! I wish you the best of success for this Project and also a happy festive season!

Tanya Quintieri
Tanya Quintieri
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Eva! Dec 22, 2023

I appreciate your response. Good to see you here, too.

Dalia Nour
Dalia Nour  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 20:11
Member (2018)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Hi Tanya Dec 22, 2023

Hi Tanya,

Glad to meet you here too and I wish you all the best!

Tanya Quintieri
Tanya Quintieri
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Dalia Dec 22, 2023

Hope all is well.

Romana Hasanbasic
Romana Hasanbasic
Local time: 13:11
Bosnian to English
+ ...
Just starting out Jan 24

Hello Tanya,
Can you point me in the right direction please? I am brand new to the industry and wondering what is the best way to place myself for success. Due to the lack of a related official degree, I am looking to possibly get certified as a court interpreter in hopes of showing some credibility.
Any advice you can offer is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Romana

Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
French to English
. Jan 25

Romana, to start with, you'll get more responses if you start a thread of your own to ask your question.

Quentin NEVEN
Quentin NEVEN  Identity Verified
Belgium
Member (Jan 2024)
English to French
+ ...
Hi Tanya Jan 25

Hello Tanya,

Glad to have you on board on such an important project.

I do not know how mentoring works on Proz, but I am sure it could use some love.

All the best

Tanya Quintieri

Tanya Quintieri
Tanya Quintieri
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
All new! Jan 29

Thanks Quentin,

Hopefully it will be all new.

All the best for you, too!

Prisca Deutsch
Prisca Deutsch
Neth. Antilles
Local time: 13:11
German to French
+ ...
any meeting scheduled? Jan 31

Hello Tanya,

Thank you for this great initiative. I am curious, are there any new meetings scheduled?

Best regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New Mentoring Program in the Making - and Hi, I'm Tanya

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »