Don Green
Don Green  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:24
Member (2003)
Italian to English
+ ...
Apr 3, 2003

I have downloaded Kudoz.Net on my PC (Windows XP) but am unable to install it. the DOS window flashes once and that\'s it. I\'ve downloaded the program several times just in case but without success. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Don

Thanks Ralf and Hermann for the quick replies. I have tried the link with no result I keep getting the note \"size mismatch\" after dowloading and trying to install. My OS is Windows XP HomeED, Browser Opera 6.05

[ This
... See more
I have downloaded Kudoz.Net on my PC (Windows XP) but am unable to install it. the DOS window flashes once and that\'s it. I\'ve downloaded the program several times just in case but without success. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Don

Thanks Ralf and Hermann for the quick replies. I have tried the link with no result I keep getting the note \"size mismatch\" after dowloading and trying to install. My OS is Windows XP HomeED, Browser Opera 6.05

[ This Message was edited by: DVGreen on 2003-04-03 09:19]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Please provide more details Apr 3, 2003

Hi Don,

To enable Hermann to help you, please provide your system specs, in particular the operating system and browser used (including service packs and releases, e.g. Windows 98 Second Edition / Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2).

Best, Ralf

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
English to German
Download not complete Apr 3, 2003

Hello Don,

even if you have downloaded the installation file several times, the error you saw is very typical for a download which was not completed successfully.

Please try this link:

http://www.proz.com/kudoznet/download.htm

Thanks

Hermann

Don Green
Don Green  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: unable to install Kudoz.Net Apr 3, 2003

I tried downloading with Internet Explorer 6 and installation was successful. Any idea why download was not possible with Opera?

Thanks a lot for your replies.

All the best,

Don

Hermann Bruns
English to German
Memory effect Apr 3, 2003

Hi Don,

thanks for letting me know that the installation worked with the IE 6.

Why it did not work with Opera, I do not know for sure. I just checked with Opera myself, and it worked fine.

I guess there was a \'memory effect\' on your system. When you downloaded the file for the first time, it was not downloaded successfully which Opera did not notice. When you wanted to download it again. Opera remembered the download and gave you t
... See more
Hi Don,

thanks for letting me know that the installation worked with the IE 6.

Why it did not work with Opera, I do not know for sure. I just checked with Opera myself, and it worked fine.

I guess there was a \'memory effect\' on your system. When you downloaded the file for the first time, it was not downloaded successfully which Opera did not notice. When you wanted to download it again. Opera remembered the download and gave you the old file again.

The same could have happened on a Proxy server.

That\'s why I provided you with a different link to avoid this.

Best regards

Hermann
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Not a valid W32 application Apr 25, 2003

I also just downloaded it using OP6.05 on W95 4.00.950 B and IE5.5 installed. When I double click the install file, it gives a \"Not a valid W32 application\" error message. The downloaded file size is exactly the same as the server reported file size.

Hermann Bruns
English to German
Please download again Apr 25, 2003

Hi Samuel,

even if the size is the same, the file can be corrupted! The bug you are reporting is very typical for a corrupt installation file.

So please download again. I suggest to use a different link to make sure that a new file is downloaded: http://www.proz.com/kudoznet/download.htm

Best regards

Hermann

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to install Kudoz.Net

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »