Thread poster: Gayle Wallimann
Gayle Wallimann
Gayle Wallimann  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:33
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Mar 30, 2003

I am sad Up until now, I have been able to view websites in PDF format automatically, Acrobat Reader 5.0 has always opened them for me. Now, I can\'t get anything except the little square with the colors in it. Do I need to reactivate something on my computer? (I am really aggravated because I think that someone touched my computer parameters when I was away on holiday...) I use Windows 98. Thanks for any help that you can give me.

G
... See more
I am sad Up until now, I have been able to view websites in PDF format automatically, Acrobat Reader 5.0 has always opened them for me. Now, I can\'t get anything except the little square with the colors in it. Do I need to reactivate something on my computer? (I am really aggravated because I think that someone touched my computer parameters when I was away on holiday...) I use Windows 98. Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Gayle
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Which browser do you use? Mar 30, 2003

Hi Gayle,

Which browser and version do you use? Did you upgrade to Acrobat Reader 5.0 recently?

Ralf

Gayle Wallimann
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
For Ralf.. Mar 30, 2003

Thanks for answering Ralf.

I use Internet Explorer 6.0 and I think that one of my sons may have updated Acrobat Reader 5.0 hoping that it would solve the problem. Alas, it didn\'t.

Gayle Wallimann
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Precision Mar 30, 2003

I meant that Acrobat Reader 5.0 is the one that I have had for quite awhile. One of my sons did click on a request to update it a few weeks ago. But the problem dates from before then.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Not sure if it helps... Mar 30, 2003

...I had thought about the workaround suggested in support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;177321, but these only apply to earlier MSIE versions.

Sorry... Ralf

Jeremy Smith
Jeremy Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:33
Member (2003)
French to English
+ ...
re-install Mar 31, 2003

One of those IT problems that happens for no apparent reason. My advice would be to completely uninstall Acrobat and then reinstall it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PDF files don\'t open anymore for me...

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »