Thread poster: Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:13
Russian to English
+ ...
Mar 24, 2003

Is anyone making use of this, which is on offer as part of the proz.com email facility?

If so, is it a good thing? I\'ve just signed up for it and been sent a fax number - though it doesn\'t seem to include any kind of country codes...

I\'d only be interested in using it for receiving I think.

I\'d be interested to hear any views on its merits and demerits...

Ta in advance.

Dan

... See more
Is anyone making use of this, which is on offer as part of the proz.com email facility?

If so, is it a good thing? I\'ve just signed up for it and been sent a fax number - though it doesn\'t seem to include any kind of country codes...

Ta in advance.

Dan

Collapse

Lorena Grancelli
Lorena Grancelli  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:13
English to Spanish
Very useful for me!! Mar 24, 2003

I have been using it for more than 5 years.

I live in Argentina and receive faxes from the US and Canada with Efax. People pay less than sending a fax directly to Argentina.

Then, you receive an email with the fax attached.

I find it very useful.

Good luck!

CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Very useful on my laptop Mar 24, 2003

I just subscribed to Efax services last month. I find it particularly convenient since I carry my laptop around, and have direct access to my faxes in an electronic format.

With my regular fax machine, I used to rush home or wait until I get back home to retrieve my faxes.

Good luck.

*Sandra*

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Time lag ... Mar 24, 2003

I don\'t know about the Efax service here per se, but I did use Demon\'s Dfax service for a while. The main problem I had was that it took maybe half an hour for a fax to land in my inbox, while people tend to think that when they send a fax, you can see it straightaway.

However, it was useful for those occasions when somebody was faxing me through a large document, I could get the whole document in without having to clog up a phone line.

FWIW

... See more
I don\'t know about the Efax service here per se, but I did use Demon\'s Dfax service for a while. The main problem I had was that it took maybe half an hour for a fax to land in my inbox, while people tend to think that when they send a fax, you can see it straightaway.

However, it was useful for those occasions when somebody was faxing me through a large document, I could get the whole document in without having to clog up a phone line.

FWIW

Mary
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:13
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
There must be a Country code... Mar 24, 2003

Hi Dan,

I use eFax (only for receiving) and there must be a Country code. When I subscribed, one could only have an UK or US fax number (as a non pro-user).

I receive a lot of unsolicited ads via eFax, but I am using it as a freeware... I think this is part of the deal ...

Giuliana
[addsig]

suesimons
suesimons  Identity Verified
Portuguese to English
I use it for receiving only, sending you pay a sub, but it is v. useful Mar 24, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-03-24 01:01, The Tautologist wrote:

I\'d be interested to hear... See more
Quote:

On 2003-03-24 01:01, The Tautologist wrote:

Ta in advance.

Dan

[addsig] ▲ Collapse

claude
claude
Thailand
English to French
Jfax Mar 24, 2003

I use another service called Jfax as this service gives you an message/fax number in the country of your choice, especially in Europe, but also in Asia or Pacific areas. So I retrieve fax and voice messages on Internet. It costs around 22 $ per month, but what is the price of eFax ?

Olga Demiryurek
Olga Demiryurek  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 10:13
English to Russian
+ ...
It is quite useful to me Mar 24, 2003

I have already used efax for several months. Don\'t debate with yourself whether the efax service is worthwhile. It is really useful, as well as free.

All the best.

Olga

Sarah Brenchley
Sarah Brenchley  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
Very useful Mar 24, 2003

You can set up numbers in different countries so clients don\'t have to pay for international phone calls and then receive all the faxes by e-mail. I\'d thoroughly recommend it.

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:13
English to German
+ ...
I found something better Mar 25, 2003

One of my ISPs is offering a much better and cheaper service, so I left EFax

Particularly, I did not like the proprietary format. I prefer the usual image formats like .gif or .tif, which are well suitable for faxes. Anyway, I need it only rarely when I receive many fax pages at once.

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Georgian to English
+ ...
free fax pros & cons Mar 30, 2003

In practice it only seems to be a US number that\'s allocated to free users (at least in my case), even though at registration a list of numbers in the UK and other countries around the world is offered (as a carrot to subscribe?).

For 1 or 2 page (signed agreements or small jobs) I imagine the cost to a client of sending from the UK to the US would not be particularly significant.

LJC (X)
LJC (X)
France
French to English
+ ...
Can you convert the Efax into a Word document? Mar 31, 2003

Can you copy and paste? Or is it a photo? And what is the image quality like?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Efax...

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »