Saving Webpage to Adobe pdf
Téma indítója: Vadney (X)
Vadney (X)
Vadney (X)
német - angol
+ ...
Aug 22, 2007

Hello, everyone!

Ilooked for a forum to ask this question and I hope this is the right forum but if it is not please let me know and accept my apologies. If there is a more appropriae forum please let me know.

I sometimes need to save (print) a webpage to pdf using Acrobat Professional 8.0.

I am using MS Internet Explorer as my default browser.

When I print a page to pdf the right side of the page is very frequently cut off in the pdf. In other
... See more
Hello, everyone!

Ilooked for a forum to ask this question and I hope this is the right forum but if it is not please let me know and accept my apologies. If there is a more appropriae forum please let me know.

I sometimes need to save (print) a webpage to pdf using Acrobat Professional 8.0.

When I print a page to pdf the right side of the page is very frequently cut off in the pdf. In otherwords, it appears that the pdf page is too small for the webpage.

How do I solve this problem? Can I reset some IE page display settings or something?

Thanks very much!

Harold
Collapse

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
Egyesült Államok
Local time: 14:04
Tag (2000 óta)
görög - angol
+ ...
FYI: topic moved Aug 22, 2007

Vadney wrote:

I have moved the topic from Translator Resources to General technical issues, as it was not about a "translation resource".
Regards,
Maria

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 20:04
angol - német
+ ...
Adobe Acrbotat professional 8.0 is a very good solution Aug 22, 2007

It comes with an IE tool button, can be integrated in outlook , MS-Word. You can also save the webpages to local disc and drop them in acrobat 8.0. It works perfect. Brandis

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:04
német - angol
+ ...
Az Ő emlékére:
Browser issue? Aug 22, 2007

Hi Harold

Being staggeringly unconvinced of its speed and security, I only use IE when I need two browsers open at once.

I have usually found that if you print from the Opera browser to PDF, you get a WYSIWYG PDF that is much cleaner than from IE.

And I am still using Neolithic Acrobat 5!

If you want to mail me a random URL via Proz, I'll be only too pleased to print it to PDF from both browsers and send you the PDFs so you can see for
... See more
Hi Harold

Being staggeringly unconvinced of its speed and security, I only use IE when I need two browsers open at once.

I have usually found that if you print from the Opera browser to PDF, you get a WYSIWYG PDF that is much cleaner than from IE.

If you want to mail me a random URL via Proz, I'll be only too pleased to print it to PDF from both browsers and send you the PDFs so you can see for yourself (remember to tell me your E-mail address).

Cheers
Chris
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Hollandia
Tag (2006 óta)
angol - afrikaans
+ ...
How with Opera? Aug 23, 2007

Textklick wrote:

How?

Good old Acrobat Reader 5... lightning fast even on a slow computer.

Textklick
Textklick  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:04
német - angol
+ ...
Az Ő emlékére:
Sam: Aug 23, 2007

Samuel Murray wrote:
How?

As stated...

Good old Acrobat Reader 5... lightning fast even on a slow computer.

Quite!

With Opera, you can zoom a page to 200% but it will still print to PDF at 100%. With IE, if you increase the font size, this shows in the PDF. Also, the background often turns to white in IE and the page size is not always rendered as seen, like Harold says. Can "fall off the edge."

Of course, I'm not guaranteeing that this works for every web page. As they say: "This website is best viewed in xxxxxxx."

Opera has often been recommended in discussions here and - as often stated - so many "Windows updates" are just security patches for IE.

Chris

[Edited at 2007-08-23 08:32]

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Svédország
angol - svéd
+ ...
Check the paper size! Aug 23, 2007

xxxVadney wrote:

When I print a page to pdf the right side of the page is very frequently cut off in the pdf. In otherwords, it appears that the pdf page is too small for the webpage.

How do I solve this problem? Can I reset some IE page display settings or something?

Hi Vadney,

Yes, this is a common problem. If you just access Acrobat through an icon or a context menu, IE would normally just dump the page according to the defailt settings, and crop the margin.
What you need to do is walk through the Print dialogue manually, select Adobe PDF as printer, and change the paper and zoom settings. Select the biggest paper size available, and see if there is any difference...
This varies according to your installation, so I can't help you with the exact details in the window. Sometimes, there is even a setting called "Custom paper size according to original" that will adapt the PDF on one page no matter how large the webpage is.

For a permanent change, you should look under Start>Settings>Printers, and check the properties of the printer called Adobe PDF. Usually, you could alter the default settings there.

If it doesn't help, install Firefox and discover the versatility there. It's free, and very userfriendly, so it won't do you any harm!

/Jan

Tjasa Kuerpick
Tjasa Kuerpick  Identity Verified
Szlovénia
Tag (2006 óta)
szlovén - német
+ ...
three steps solution Aug 25, 2007

Go to the address of the website you want to create PDF file.
Click on the first register, which should be "File" in your browser and click there on the register "Preview". Set A4 and below "Landscape", and then "OK". You can now see the webpage in the preview as it will appear on your paper.
In this preview page click on "Print" and choose Adobe PDF.
That's it.

[Bearbeitet am 2007-08-25 19:45]

Tjasa Kuerpick
Tjasa Kuerpick  Identity Verified
Szlovénia
Tag (2006 óta)
szlovén - német
+ ...
... Aug 25, 2007

I hope it worked

[Bearbeitet am 2007-08-25 19:46]

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Olaszország
Tag (2001 óta)
angol - olasz
+ ...
Save Web page as PDF from within Acrobat Sep 22, 2007

It is also possible to save a Web page (or whole site, or only with 1st or 2nd or nth level of links) from within Acrobat itself (I have Acrobat Professional 7, not sure if it is also possible from Acrobat Standard; I think this is possible from Acrobat 5, not sure about earlier versions)

1. In Acrobat (NOT Reader), choose File > Create PDF > From Web Page

2. Paste in the URL, or browse to a saved HTML file (if you already saved it to your PC)

3. Select any
... See more
It is also possible to save a Web page (or whole site, or only with 1st or 2nd or nth level of links) from within Acrobat itself (I have Acrobat Professional 7, not sure if it is also possible from Acrobat Standard; I think this is possible from Acrobat 5, not sure about earlier versions)

1. In Acrobat (NOT Reader), choose File > Create PDF > From Web Page

2. Paste in the URL, or browse to a saved HTML file (if you already saved it to your PC)

3. Select any additional options (like level links or whole site)

4. Click on the Settings button, go to the Layout tab and specify page size, with contents resizing option

5. Click on Create.

It may take a while if you are saving a whole site or a high level of links. What you get is a PDF file will all working links and bookmarks for the various pages, which can treat as any other PDF file (like adding notes to it)

HtH,
Roberta
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

A fórum moderátora(i)
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Saving Webpage to Adobe pdf

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »