Save as RTF for MAC – What It Means?
Thread poster: Dm_Ch (X)
Dm_Ch (X)
Dm_Ch (X)

Local time: 16:09
English to Russian
May 19, 2003

A client sent me an rtf file and asked to translate it and save as \" RTF for MAC\" . Now, I do not seem to have such an option in Word. I have options to save as text in rtf format or save as Word for different version of Macintosh. Is it OK, if I just save it as rtf file? Will it open on Mac then? Or shall I change my Word installation?

TIA,

Dmitri

[addsig]

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:09
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Simply save it as RTF May 19, 2003

Virtually every word processing program (Mac or PC) including Word, Wordperfect, ClarisWorks, can read RTF files. The RTF format perserves text formatting such as bold, italics, footnotes, images etc.

Dm_Ch (X)
Dm_Ch (X)

Local time: 16:09
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot, Natalie!! May 20, 2003

This is what I thought, but it\'s always better to be sure

All the best,

Dmitri

[Edited at 2003-05-20 09:04]

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 15:09
German to English
+ ...
Character coding May 22, 2003

Hello,

the problem is the character coding for windows an mac. Mac doesn\'t support the unicode coding, so you have to use a converter for the coding. One possibility is the use of \"convertex\" from www.urwpp.de.

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Save as RTF for MAC – What It Means?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »