Freelance translator workspaces

This discussion belongs to Freelance translator workspaces » "Freelance translator workspaces".
You can see the freelance translator workspaces page and participate in this discussion from there.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 07:41
SITE STAFF
Welcome to ProZ.com's "Freelance translator workspaces" Dec 9, 2010

Feel free to submit your photos or discuss your own workspace setup here. What works best for you? What have you learned about having a productive workspace over the years? What advice would you give others who may be setting up their workspace?

The dedicated forum for discussion on workspaces is here: http://www.proz.com/forum/1016

I'll post here a list of previous forum and quick po
... See more
Feel free to submit your photos or discuss your own workspace setup here. What works best for you? What have you learned about having a productive workspace over the years? What advice would you give others who may be setting up their workspace?

The dedicated forum for discussion on workspaces is here: http://www.proz.com/forum/1016

I'll post here a list of previous forum and quick poll discussions related to workspaces and work setups, for reference and for easy browsing:

Forum threads:

Quick polls:

See also:

Collapse

Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 13:41
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
Creative clutter Dec 10, 2010

I suppose we all can afford a bit of creative clutter...

Nikita Kobrin

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 12:41
English to Czech
+ ...
:D Dec 10, 2010

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:41
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Creative clutter Dec 10, 2010

Nikita Kobrin wrote:

Nikita, this picture is a fake!! I am quite sure they don't sell Gerolsteiner water in your area!

Nikita Kobrin
Lithuania
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
If I knew I would... Dec 10, 2010

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

Nikita, this picture is a fake!! I am quite sure they don't sell Gerolsteiner water in your area!

Hm, if I knew I would meet so dexterous investigators here I would certainly localize the bottle label in Photoshop...

[Edited at 2010-12-10 14:34 GMT]

Nikita Kobrin
Lithuania
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
Three questions to Jared: Dec 10, 2010

1. Don't you think it would be better if users could upload pictures themselves?

2. And where is the space for uploaders to comment their pictures?

3. Can visitors comment pics of others?

Nikita Kobrin

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Hi Nikita Dec 10, 2010

The feature is starting simple. For the moment, I'm asking everyone to submit their pics + comments and I'll take care of adding them (this may change in the future). For the time being, comments can be entered for each photo by visiting the album via the link at the bottom left of the slideshow. Commenting on individual pictures by others may also be improved as we move along.

Jared

Anthony Baldwin
Anthony Baldwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:41
Portuguese to English
+ ...
This is where it all goes down. Mar 17, 2011

[Edited at 2011-03-17 01:51 GMT]

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Thanks Anthony Mar 17, 2011

Great, thanks! Do you mind if I add this to the slideshow above?

Jared

Sylvie Chartier
Sylvie Chartier  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
I would love to add my workspace but don't know how to add a picture Jan 16, 2014

Can anybody help me with this.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
You can add photos via the support system, or send them to me Jan 16, 2014

Hi Sylvie,

You can submit photos of your workspace, with a short optional comment on your setup via support request (http://www.proz.com/support/ ) or send them to [email protected] .

deleted. (X)
deleted. (X)
Australia
English to Chinese
+ ...
My home office setup Aug 15, 2014

I spend a lot of time in my home office and I want to make it a cosy and pleasant place. I love to see other people's setups for inspirations, and here is my home office setup.

I set one desk to a height where I can do some work standing up, because many sources say one should not sit for too long for health reasons.

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Freelance translator workspaces

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »