Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 20:21
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Nov 10, 2003

I recently installed Win XP on my PC. After that, I also installed Office XP and I had to re-install my CAT tools as well. (Apparently, you have to re-install all applications when you install Win XP).

Workbench is now up and running, BUT I cannot find the flagman icon on my Word toolbar. It is also not listed among available toolbars.

Any idea how to get it back?

Thank you,
Csaba (Budapest)

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Is the Trados template activated? Nov 10, 2003

Hi Csaba,
(Apparently, you have to re-install all applications when you install Win XP).

Installing a new operating system means you're re-creating the entire system from scratch.

Workbench is now up and running, BUT I cannot find the flagman icon on my Word toolbar. It is also not listed among available toolbars.

Any idea how to get it back?

Depending on which version of Trados you're using, the 'trados5.dot' or 'trados6.dot' template needs to be active in Word (in the English version of Word, this is under Tools - Styles and add-ins, IIRC). To avoid having to re-activate it every time, place the .dot file in your Office startup folder.

HTH, Ralf

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Toolbar is back, but macros would not start Nov 10, 2003

Hi Ralf,

Thank you for the hint. I just discovered a similar discussion that took place a couple of weeks ago.
Now I copied the Trados5.dot file into its proper place: The toolbar is there with all the red brackets, but the macros would not start. The macro security setting is medium, but I changed that to minimum ... and the problem still persists.

Csaba

[Edited at 2003-11-10 10:27]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Pass... Nov 10, 2003

Sorry, I have no solution to your problem - have you tried TW_users, or Trados support?

Good luck, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados toolbar and icon disappeared from Word

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »