Thread poster: Scott Evans
Scott Evans
Scott Evans  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:10
English
+ ...
May 20, 2003

Hi everyone!

I\'m looking for a software package geared towards project management. I tried TOM4 and found it to be helpful but it seems like it has a ton of features I don\'t need and lacks the ones I would like to have in there. Right now, we\'re using Goldmine for the sales staff to manage the client contacts and follow-ups and I am managing everything using Excel and Outlook\'s calendar.

Does anyone have experience with other software packages to try
... See more
Hi everyone!

I\'m looking for a software package geared towards project management. I tried TOM4 and found it to be helpful but it seems like it has a ton of features I don\'t need and lacks the ones I would like to have in there. Right now, we\'re using Goldmine for the sales staff to manage the client contacts and follow-ups and I am managing everything using Excel and Outlook\'s calendar.

Does anyone have experience with other software packages to try. I\'m not even interested in tying it with CAT or glossaries... just looking for something that can automate the project and quotation management process.

Thanks for your input!

Scott Evans

TranslationSmart

http://www.translationsmart.com

Collapse

mk_lab
mk_lab  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 01:10
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
MS Project May 20, 2003

Did you try Microsoft Project?

Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:10
Dutch to English
+ ...
Yes, definitely. That one immediately came up by me. It does not seem too cumbersome. May 20, 2003

2003-05-20 18:30 mk_lab wrote:

Did you try Microsoft Project?

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 17:10
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Look at www.twocows.com ! May 21, 2003

Being myself a project manager, and expert in MS Project, maybe it is still too much for simple necessities. In the site I mentioned you can find even freeware project management programs.

Jorge H.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project Management Software? Any ideas

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »