Oleg Rudavin  Identity Verified
أوكرانيا
Local time: 22:27
عضو (2003)
أنجليزي إلى اوكراني
+ ...
Apr 10, 2002

Dear Colleagues,

I work as a languages dept manager for a publishing house that specializes in educational, encyclopedic books and the like. A number of them, including language-related, deserve to be sold internationally. Web-searching for potential foreign publishers is time/effort-consuming and brings poor results. Instead, I decided to try using the ProZ translators for getting in touch with potential publishers. The relevant projects/books will have to be translated or localised,
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

I work as a languages dept manager for a publishing house that specializes in educational, encyclopedic books and the like. A number of them, including language-related, deserve to be sold internationally. Web-searching for potential foreign publishers is time/effort-consuming and brings poor results. Instead, I decided to try using the ProZ translators for getting in touch with potential publishers. The relevant projects/books will have to be translated or localised, that means additional work to us...

Now, is any of you in publishing? Please contact me if so.

Sincerely,

Oleg Rudavin

Collapse

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
الولايات المتحدة
Local time: 14:27
عضو (2001)
أنجليزي إلى روسي
+ ...
as a manager you might know Apr 10, 2002

Oleg, as a manager you minght know that the best way to reach a publisher is to work through the agents not translators (even if they were / are published).From my own experience I knwo that at least in the States a through-agent approach is a must.

Quote:

On 2002-04-10 14:19, Urdvani wrote:

Dear Colleagues,

I work as a languages dept manager for a publishing house that specializes in educational, encyclopedic ... See more
Oleg, as a manager you minght know that the best way to reach a publisher is to work through the agents not translators (even if they were / are published).From my own experience I knwo that at least in the States a through-agent approach is a must.

Quote:

On 2002-04-10 14:19, Urdvani wrote:

Dear Colleagues,

I work as a languages dept manager for a publishing house that specializes in educational, encyclopedic books and the like. A number of them, including language-related, deserve to be sold internationally. Web-searching for potential foreign publishers is time/effort-consuming and brings poor results. Instead, I decided to try using the ProZ translators for getting in touch with potential publishers. The relevant projects/books will have to be translated or localised, that means additional work to us...

Now, is any of you in publishing? Please contact me if so.

Sincerely,

Oleg Rudavin

Collapse

Jake Estrada FCIL CL
Jake Estrada FCIL CL  Identity Verified
الفلبين
Local time: 03:27
عضو (2003)
أنجليزي إلى تاجالوجي
+ ...
مترجم الموقع
Vlad is correct, but maybe I can help you somewhat Apr 11, 2002

Oleg,

Aside from being a translator, I so happen to have contacts within the local book publishing, printing and distribution industry in my country (the Philippines) for both English- and Tagalog-language titles.

If you are thinking about entering the Philippine market for books (if you haven\'t done so ye
... See more
Oleg,

Aside from being a translator, I so happen to have contacts within the local book publishing, printing and distribution industry in my country (the Philippines) for both English- and Tagalog-language titles.

If you are thinking about entering the Philippine market for books (if you haven\'t done so yet), you may contact me via web email at [email protected] or email me via my ProZ profile page www.proz.com/translator/9046. Let\'s see how I can help, both translation-wise and publishing-wise.
Collapse

Oleg Rudavin
أوكرانيا
عضو (2003)
أنجليزي إلى اوكراني
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
I try using all ways Apr 11, 2002

[quote]

On 2002-04-10 19:16, vvd wrote:

[quote]

Yes, agent are helpful, but they mostly charge a fee, and when dealing with FSU publishers want a downpayment, often rather substantial for us. So far none of them hasn\'t been able to help.

bg.Linguist
bg.Linguist  Identity Verified
بلغاريا
عضو (2005)
أنجليزي إلى بلغاري
+ ...
request for more info Apr 11, 2002

Many foreign publishers specifically state that they work directly with other publishers and not through agencies.

Please, send me more information on the books.

s.

Natasha Stoyanova
Natasha Stoyanova  Identity Verified
أنجليزي إلى بلغاري
+ ...
Если... Apr 11, 2002

...это поможет, я могу выслать адреса для контактов с некоторыми издательствами в Болгарии.

Oleg Rudavin
أوكرانيا
عضو (2003)
أنجليزي إلى اوكراني
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
Спасибо за любую помощь! Apr 11, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-04-11 08:29, AmusedNath wrote:

...это поможет, я могу выслать адреса для контактов с некоторыми издательствами в Болгарии.

Конечно, поможет!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Publishing Business

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »