Thread poster: aivars
aivars
aivars  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 22:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 22, 2021

Is it possible to open .wsxz return files w/2019 Freelance Trados Studio?
Why I cannot open them either w/2019 Professional Trados Studio?
Tried w/2021 Trados Studio Professional and no luck either (but I really don't know hot to use 2021)
I have been opening .sdlrpx and .sdlppx return packages for years
Any insights apprecciated!

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:09
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
What do you mean in "cannot open"? Jun 23, 2021

Please describe what happens exactly.
Do you get an error message? Studio does not react?

When you ask for help, try to give as much details as possible.

aivars
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re Jun 23, 2021

thx for your interest Yossi, I'm getting always an error msg in the lines of "The translation package does not contain the required information. Maybe the package you are importing IS a return package" (weird message, yes of course it's a return package, and I would like to open it so I can review my translator's work)
It has been so for many years, have not received any useful hint from the Trados seller. Maybe a Freelance 2019 Trados Studio does not incl. this feature (opening worldserv
... See more
thx for your interest Yossi, I'm getting always an error msg in the lines of "The translation package does not contain the required information. Maybe the package you are importing IS a return package" (weird message, yes of course it's a return package, and I would like to open it so I can review my translator's work)
It has been so for many years, have not received any useful hint from the Trados seller. Maybe a Freelance 2019 Trados Studio does not incl. this feature (opening worldserver return packages, that's something that can be done only by the one who created the package). I could not open with a Professional version either.
I have updated the program as well, thx
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:09
English to Russian
You can't open a return package until you have the source one Jun 23, 2021

Try this solution.
By the way, if you have googled sdl The translation package does not contain the required information, you could find it by yourself.

aivars
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
re Jun 23, 2021

Did not occur to me to check the error msg in Google (it's in ES in my system), still I don't know what to do. I want to open the return package my translator sends!

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:09
English to Russian
Clickable hyperlink Jun 23, 2021

The word solution above and here is a hyperlink. Click it and read what to do.
Briefly, you need the source package from your translator because it contains information required to unpack the return package.

[Edited at 2021-06-23 14:30 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open worldserver (.wsxz) return files

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »