Thread poster: italia
italia
italia  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:13
Italian to German
+ ...
Oct 2, 2009

Dear all, Since I will be starting a new Busines English course next week, I was wondering if you can recommend me any free downloadable exercises on Smalk Talk/Social Chit Chat.
I have some books but would like to integrate with e.g. "5 minutes exercises" or other for B1 students.
All your input is highly appreciated.
MTIA & Happy teaching to everyone!
BW from Germany

Phillippa May Bennett
Phillippa May Bennett
Portugal
Local time: 21:13
Portuguese to English
In Company business website Oct 3, 2009

Hi,

The In Company Intermediate book has a section on Small talk and there is a website which lists some extra activities, some of which work without using the book. Have a look at the link and see if this helps, there is a worksheet on small talk (4th in the list). It might be too long
... See more
Hi,

The In Company Intermediate book has a section on Small talk and there is a website which lists some extra activities, some of which work without using the book. Have a look at the link and see if this helps, there is a worksheet on small talk (4th in the list). It might be too long, but maybe you could adapt it.

http://www.businessenglishonline.net/InCompany/worksheets/intermediate.htm

Otherwise if you have access to the book there is a good section on taboo subjects etc.

Hope this helps! Good luck,

Phillippa
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any downloadables on Small Talk

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »