Subtitle Workshop: spell check problems
Thread poster: Bianca Fogarasi
Bianca Fogarasi
Bianca Fogarasi  Identity Verified

French to Romanian
+ ...
Jan 9, 2008

Dear all,

I have a problem with the spell check function in Subtitle Workshop which I cannot seem to solve.

I translate from English into Romanian. Every time I want to spell check my translation in Romanian, the dictionnary is, by default, set on English and even if I change it to the Romanian dictionnary, it jumps back to the English dictionnary every time. So, obviously, it detects almost every word in Romanian as having an error and proposes solutions from the Engl
... See more
Dear all,

I have a problem with the spell check function in Subtitle Workshop which I cannot seem to solve.

I translate from English into Romanian. Every time I want to spell check my translation in Romanian, the dictionnary is, by default, set on English and even if I change it to the Romanian dictionnary, it jumps back to the English dictionnary every time. So, obviously, it detects almost every word in Romanian as having an error and proposes solutions from the English dictionnary.

I simply don't know what to do. Unfortunately I'm not really a pro of this soft, I haven't used it but for a couple of months. All help and suggestions will be much appreciated. It's a function that I would really want to use, it would make things much more easier...

Thank you in advance!
Collapse

simona dachille
simona dachille  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:22
Italian to English
use word Jan 9, 2008

I would save a word copy or a rtf copy, do the spell check in that and make the corrections with subtitle workshop.

Bianca Fogarasi
Bianca Fogarasi  Identity Verified

French to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
not a bad idea, Simona! Jan 10, 2008

Thank you, Simona!

It takes a little bit of time but, at least, this works... I still hope somebody will give me the solution to my problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitle Workshop: spell check problems

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »