Laura Gómez
Spain
Local time: 14:16
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 1, 2010

Hello everybody

I have WMWare player installed in my computer and it worked perfectly till yesterday. Now, when I want to open it, it appears the screen as initializing Windows XP, but it is frozen, does not move.
I tried to install a new version (3.0) and repair it but it did not work.
I need help in order to activate it again or, what is better, to recover all the information I had in the virtual machine. I know it should be somewhere, but cannot find it.

... See more
Hello everybody

I have WMWare player installed in my computer and it worked perfectly till yesterday. Now, when I want to open it, it appears the screen as initializing Windows XP, but it is frozen, does not move.
I tried to install a new version (3.0) and repair it but it did not work.
I need help in order to activate it again or, what is better, to recover all the information I had in the virtual machine. I know it should be somewhere, but cannot find it.

Anyone familiar with this virtual machine? I really need to recover the information stored there, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Thanks in advance!

Laura

[Editado a las 2010-10-01 19:02 GMT]
Collapse

Extra Consult
Extra Consult
Belgium
Member (2008)
English
Mount *.vmdk Oct 5, 2010

Hi Laura,

whilst it is quite hard to guess why your Virtual XP is no longer booting, I can offer some help to retrieve the data in the VM.
Using the VMWare tool VMWareDiskMount, you can access the *.vmdk files from your main OS to read and copy the data you need.
You'll find all the info on VMWareDiskMount here:
http://www.vmware.com/pdf/VMwareDiskMount.pdf
... See more
Hi Laura,

whilst it is quite hard to guess why your Virtual XP is no longer booting, I can offer some help to retrieve the data in the VM.
Using the VMWare tool VMWareDiskMount, you can access the *.vmdk files from your main OS to read and copy the data you need.
You'll find all the info on VMWareDiskMount here:
http://www.vmware.com/pdf/VMwareDiskMount.pdf

Hope it works out for you,
Collapse

Laura Gómez
Laura Gómez
Spain
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Suddenly it works again, but thanks for the info! Oct 6, 2010

Thanks a lot for your answer! Suddenly it started working again! Anyway I'll have a look at your link. I could not find the place where the files are saved and I was not even sure if they would be saved in the main OS.

Thanks again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with VMWare Player - recover files

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »