Has anyone worked with translation in Salesforce?
Thread poster: Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:21
Swedish to English
+ ...
May 25, 2010

I have up to 500 emails templates to translate in Salesforce - a CRM database tool. These contain a number of repeated segments "Please contact us...", "If you have any further...", etc.

Ideally, I should be able to extract all of them automatically in order translate them with a CAT. However, I haven't been able to get an answer yet from the database administrators so am looking for anyone with experience of this tool.

Madeleine

imatahan
imatahan  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:21
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Madeleine May 25, 2010

If you are not able to get a CAT tool,

Excel is a good option because it fills in the cells with repeated textes.

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:21
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have the CAT - the problem is the extraction of text from Salesforce. May 25, 2010

Thanks imatahan.

Having to open 500 email templates in order to extract each text is not the most efficient use of my time. I'm hoping there is an automatic method of extracting text from all templates in one go.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Has anyone worked with translation in Salesforce?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »