Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 11:54
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jan 11, 2018

I have experienced the following:

I'm logged in proz (always only on one device), I checked my profile and I can see my own ip address as a non logged in visitor. This happened today and yesterday and also happened a few times in the last months.

Is there somebody who experienced this anomaly?

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Since I wrote this post Jan 11, 2018

I had 2 suspicious visitors:

11:36 Not Logged In 5.9.37.122 n82.blox.ua Profile 7 11:02
11:27 Not Logged In 5.9.37.121 prohoster.info Profile 3 11:24

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:54
Russian to English
+ ...
This forum Feb 3, 2018

To staff: What is the point of having a "Proz.com technical support" forum, if nobody from the Proz.com staff reads it? Either this forum should be monitored regularly, or it should be eliminated and people should be told to file a support ticket instead.

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Eliminate? Do you mean delete? Why? Feb 3, 2018

Susan Welsh wrote:

To staff: What is the point of having a "Proz.com technical support" forum, if nobody from the Proz.com staff reads it? Either this forum should be monitored regularly, or it should be eliminated and people should be told to file a support ticket instead.

Hi Susan,

I did send a support ticket. I wrote this thread to check whether others have experienced this also.
I don't think such threads should be eliminated (meant deleted) because they can be referred to when somebody else experiences the same sometimes later and accidentally he/she missed to read the specific thread.

Like here: https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/322621-disturbing_proz_profile_visitors.html

Bests,
Katalin

[Edited at 2018-02-03 13:51 GMT]

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Agree Feb 4, 2018

Susan Welsh wrote:

As long as we discuss technical issues only between us without someone of the staff joining the forum and possibly fixing the issue, it's perfectly useless.

This thread was started 3 weeks ago and still noone of ProZ showed up, just as little as in the other one related.

Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Maybe I'm looking for something I can't have Feb 5, 2018

Christel Zipfel wrote:

Susan Welsh wrote:

As long as we discuss technical issues only between us without someone of the staff joining the forum and possibly fixing the issue, it's perfectly useless.

This thread was started 3 weeks ago and still noone of ProZ showed up, just as little as in the other one related.

I think these things are somehow connected with each other:

• Router admin ip logged in 60 days ago (for everybody's profile)

• As I go to different site pages my login sessions change: logged in 60 days, 39 days, 2 days etc. ago.

• Somebody changed my availability to non-available (2 times)

• My own ip is shown as a non logged in visitor (now 91x times)

• Disturbing profile visitors: https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_technical_support/322621-disturbing_proz_profile_visitors.html

• I have just figured out that there was a job in the platform job board there was a medical job I didn't get a notification about

• Increasing number of job board "show me your best rate" jobs but decreasing number of direct emails (about 5 direct emails per year!) - this leads to less and less jobs - other members in the directory shown as top translators also experienced this and also I read it here: https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/322568-whats_going_on_in_fr_en.html when I mentioned that it was not realistic to get so less direct emails, then Plus membership was mentioned where I could get marketing tips..... I still insisted on that probably this is not a marketing issue but a technical one...

• I figured out that the Kudoz links where I successfully answered Kudoz questions don't appear on Google when somebody writes my name

• I figured out that in our profiles (I checked at least 3-4 members' profiles) there is a nofollow value (I deleted the nofollow in code view but still it was automatically put back in). If somebody doesn't know it, it is a html code, it has nothing to do with the site's follow feature. I'm talking about this nofollow value: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nofollow
"It is intended to reduce the effectiveness of certain types of internet advertising "

• That very weird proz.com javascript that was put in my profile' manage app page doesn't seem to be connected with Skype, because others also show their Skype names within their profile (editable) and they didn't have that javascript app: https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_profile_help/311410-anybody_has_any_idea_what_is_this_prozcom_javascript_third_party_application.html

• And I also figured out recently that site staff can accidentally write under my name (as if the post was written by me)

• And I was told to write a separate support ticket for each of these problems

Maybe I'm looking for something I can't have: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MPbR6Cbwi4

the TRUTH and JUSTICE.

[Edited at 2018-02-05 12:39 GMT]

[Edited at 2018-02-05 20:46 GMT]

Tatiana Dietrich
Tatiana Dietrich  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:54
English to Danish
+ ...
These cases are being investigated Feb 5, 2018

Hi all,

As mentioned in this post in a related thread, these cases are being investigated by site staff. Please note that there is no cause for alert.

Regards,

Tatiana

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Katalin Szilárd
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My posts are cut in half Feb 6, 2018

So I deleted it.

[Edited at 2018-02-06 17:55 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »