Discrepancies in point totals correct themselves over time
Tópico cartaz: Julia Gal
Julia Gal
Julia Gal  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:37
francês para inglês
+ ...
Jul 8, 2001

for several days now, my KudoZ score seems to be stuck at 99!

This is the score which appear on my main page and in the translator database. However, when I click on \'99\', or on my name, I see the breakdown of points, which adds up to much more than 99.

Why isn\'t the total updated?

The same thing has been happening with BrowniZ points - I had 1214 points, which then went down to 1198 !!! Why do the points disappear? Are they someh
... See more
for several days now, my KudoZ score seems to be stuck at 99!

This is the score which appear on my main page and in the translator database. However, when I click on \'99\', or on my name, I see the breakdown of points, which adds up to much more than 99.

Why isn\'t the total updated?

The same thing has been happening with BrowniZ points - I had 1214 points, which then went down to 1198 !!! Why do the points disappear? Are they somehow being spent? They have now gone up slightly to 1205, but not to the original 1214... Have I been penalised, or was the original total wrong?

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Why is this happening?
Collapse

eurotransl (X)
eurotransl (X)
alemão para inglês
+ ...
Jul 8, 2001

I think it happens to everyone. The KudoZ points show up in your profile as well as on the bidding pages.

If you are referring to the yellow box in the top left-hand corner, the answer is that the information shown in there is not \"real-time\"; it may take a while for the updated points to show up in there.

Julia Gal
francês para inglês
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
Jul 9, 2001

Thanks, that\'s reassuring!

Do you have any idea why the BrowniZ points keep disappearing?

eurotransl (X)
eurotransl (X)
alemão para inglês
+ ...
Jul 9, 2001

I have never noticed BrowniZ disappear.

But you are right: the original score may have been wrong to begin with.

And: maybe there is a penalty system hidden within ProZ; I really don\'t know.

Actually, I like this idea: ProZ should start a penalty system - if they don\'t already have it. It might prove to be helpful.

Julia Gal
francês para inglês
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
Jul 10, 2001

What do you think I have been penalised for? I haven\'t done anything bad. At least I don\'t think so...

eurotransl (X)
eurotransl (X)
alemão para inglês
+ ...
Jul 10, 2001

No, don\'t worry, Julia, I am sure you\'re fine.

But ProZ does move in mysterious ways sometimes ....

DR. RICHARD BAVRY (X)
DR. RICHARD BAVRY (X)
espanhol para inglês
+ ...
Jul 18, 2001

More often, it does NOT move...mysteriously!

eurotransl (X)
eurotransl (X)
alemão para inglês
+ ...
Jul 19, 2001

Richard, you\'re right: every day now, the site crashes or is so extremely slow that it is impossible to place bids or answer KudoZ questions. And these problems are limited to the ProZ site; all other websites I accesss are fine.

Go figure!

Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canadá
alemão para inglês
+ ...
Jul 19, 2001

I\'ve noticed that problem a long time ago! I first suspected that there\'s someone in Oakland, right under the bridge, watching the surfers and the seals, equipped with an abacus, counting the points as they come...manually.

It doesn\'t seem as if the system counts points automatically. Points earned today, for example, would be added 2 - 3 days from now.

Hmm...I wanted to point that out but thought Henry and Troy are too busy enough to bother them.
... See more
I\'ve noticed that problem a long time ago! I first suspected that there\'s someone in Oakland, right under the bridge, watching the surfers and the seals, equipped with an abacus, counting the points as they come...manually.

It doesn\'t seem as if the system counts points automatically. Points earned today, for example, would be added 2 - 3 days from now.

Hmm...I wanted to point that out but thought Henry and Troy are too busy enough to bother them.

So, I suggest patience and start piling stone upon stone (a la canadienne). These guys are doing US a great service so if something doesn\'t move quickly or doesn\'t move at all, hold your tongue, buddy, the mailman will eventually come with the letters.

Zen anyone?

Collapse

DR. RICHARD BAVRY (X)
DR. RICHARD BAVRY (X)
espanhol para inglês
+ ...
Jul 20, 2001

\"Hold your tongue\" is an interesting figure of speech, Marcus, considering the nature of this site...Zen again, what do I know?

Marcus Malabad
Canadá
alemão para inglês
+ ...
Jul 21, 2001

I meant: quit your blabbing and yapping. Too many are simply TOO quick to yap and blab about things that go wrong...small things...

boring

Julia Gal
francês para inglês
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
Jul 21, 2001

If it\'s me you\'re referring to \'blabbing and yapping\', then I\'m sorry !!!

I only recently joined the site (about a month ago) and I just wondered why the points kept disappearing.

I didn\'t realise this question was likely to upset anybody, otherwise I wouldn\'t have asked...

If no-one knows the answer, then let\'s just leave the whole issue. It\'s not a matter of life and death, now, is it ?

Julia Gal
francês para inglês
+ ...
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
Jul 22, 2001

It\'s happened again - earlier today I had 1684 BrowniZ. I went into a v2 part of the site, and when I came out, I only had 1469 BrowniZ !!!!!

What happened to the other 215 points?

This is so strange, and it has occurred to me that the other times it happened where also when I went into a V2 area.

Could this be a bug of some sorts?

DR. RICHARD BAVRY (X)
DR. RICHARD BAVRY (X)
espanhol para inglês
+ ...
Jul 23, 2001

Well, what you so cavalierly call \"yapping\" and \"blabbing\" seem to me to be topics suitable for discussion under this heading! If it bores you, it would seem only reasonable that you spend your time less tediously elsewhere or simply \"hold your tongue\" (now where have I heard that before?).

Marcus Malabad
Canadá
alemão para inglês
+ ...
Jul 25, 2001

Richard/Julia,

I actually was just referring to just ONE person in the GermanEnglish community who has simply exasperated everybody with (insert pronoun here) truly unnerving comments. I\'ve learned how to ignore but I could just throw my doughnuts at the screen sometimes...

Didn\'t mean to address it to you specifically.

M

Páginas no tópico:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discrepancies in point totals correct themselves over time

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »