Thread poster: Louise Norman
Louise Norman
Louise Norman  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:33
Italian to English
+ ...
Nov 14, 2002

I wonder if anyone can help me.. I installed Metataxis when there was the Proz promotion but I have never got it to work properly. I get a message about my Word 2000 version being buggy and that I shouold download Service Release 1a from the Microsoft Office web site. I have tried several times but my pc just won\'t accept the download. Maybe because I have an English version of Word and I am working on an Italian version of Windows ME. Any advice out there??? Thanks a lot ... See more
I wonder if anyone can help me.. I installed Metataxis when there was the Proz promotion but I have never got it to work properly. I get a message about my Word 2000 version being buggy and that I shouold download Service Release 1a from the Microsoft Office web site. I have tried several times but my pc just won\'t accept the download. Maybe because I have an English version of Word and I am working on an Italian version of Windows ME. Any advice out there??? Thanks a lot )Collapse

langnet
langnet  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to German
+ ...
I have exactly the same problems, too (!) Nov 14, 2002

...using Windows 98, Word 2000, both Italian versions.

Maybe we should bring this topic up in the \"CAT tools\" section.

Cheers! )

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 14:33
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Here you have the link Nov 14, 2002

it has been discussed

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&post=35397#35397

Good luck

langnet
langnet  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to German
+ ...
Followed the instructions... Nov 15, 2002

so far so good, but when opening Word after installing Metataxis, it \"crushed\". Nothing to do, I had to disinstall Metataxis to get it straight again.

Any suggestions? Any URL for trouble shooting?

Grüße

Claudia

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
English to German
Please read the FAQ page Nov 15, 2002

Dear MetaTexis users,

the MetaTexis internet site at www.metatexis.com includes an FAQ page which mainly deals with installation problems (click \"Support\" in the navigation bar). The FAQ page covers many cases.

If the information provided does not solve your installation problems, plea
... See more
Dear MetaTexis users,

the MetaTexis internet site at www.metatexis.com includes an FAQ page which mainly deals with installation problems (click \"Support\" in the navigation bar). The FAQ page covers many cases.

If the information provided does not solve your installation problems, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at [email protected].

Best regards

Hermann
Collapse

Bruno Magne
Bruno Magne  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:33
English to French
+ ...
A question Nov 15, 2002

Hello, all

Are your Word (and Office) version legal or illegal ones? The Microsoft update center has a way to find out if you use pirate copies or not. The catch is that they let you download the files without saying a word. And then, your application will crash or even disappear.

And with Office XP, it\'s got even more sophisticated.

So, spend a \"few\" dollars and everything will work out fine.

Hermann is true
... See more
Hello, all

Are your Word (and Office) version legal or illegal ones? The Microsoft update center has a way to find out if you use pirate copies or not. The catch is that they let you download the files without saying a word. And then, your application will crash or even disappear.

And with Office XP, it\'s got even more sophisticated.

So, spend a \"few\" dollars and everything will work out fine.

Hermann is true to his word: he answers all inquiries and works overnight to help his customers.

Cheers

Bruno Magne
Collapse

Louise Norman
Louise Norman  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Nov 15, 2002

Thanks a lot everyone. I\'ll give it a shot and see what happens

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tech probs with Metataxis

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »