Réka Stüber
Réka Stüber  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:26
German to Hungarian
+ ...
Feb 8, 2022

Hi all,
I am just starting out "officially" after having left an academic career path for family reasons and I'm not sure how I could include/ specify my translation experience on my CV. It was a regular part of my job in research and university education (I was a prae doc uni assistant for about a decade in a philological/historical field) and I had explicitly translation/proofreading related gigs in between as well, but irregularly. However, my job description didn't specifically include
... See more
Hi all,
I am just starting out "officially" after having left an academic career path for family reasons and I'm not sure how I could include/ specify my translation experience on my CV. It was a regular part of my job in research and university education (I was a prae doc uni assistant for about a decade in a philological/historical field) and I had explicitly translation/proofreading related gigs in between as well, but irregularly. However, my job description didn't specifically include anything like translation, and some of my projects I did on the side are confidential, so I can't really put them on a CV either.
I'd appreciate any ideas on how to go about this, because evidently, I would like to share my experience with prospective clients.

As for my formal qualifications, I have a Magister (equivalen to an MA) in linguistic and philological subjects and have been working on multilingualism and historical translations for a very long time as a phd project (I had to kind of give that up as my advisor passed away); also, currently I am pursuing a translation degree too, so that I should have a formal qualification in a few years so that I can get certified for community translation/interpreting, but that's for the future.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CV question - Translation experience, but in educational settings

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »