What is meant by 'sample of writing'?
Thread poster: Kay Herm (X)
Kay Herm (X)
Kay Herm (X)
Local time: 09:55
English to German
Jul 22, 2003

I just started working as a freelance translator, so I still have to figure lots of basic things out. I want to apply for a particular job on the Aquarius site, and the customer asks for a 'sample of your writing'. How long is this sample supposed to be and does at have to be a sample from a translation or what else can it be?
Also, when you respond to an offer on Aquarius, it says 'type a brief response (max. 255 characters). So how am I suppossed to give the sample?
It would be gr
... See more
I just started working as a freelance translator, so I still have to figure lots of basic things out. I want to apply for a particular job on the Aquarius site, and the customer asks for a 'sample of your writing'. How long is this sample supposed to be and does at have to be a sample from a translation or what else can it be?
Also, when you respond to an offer on Aquarius, it says 'type a brief response (max. 255 characters). So how am I suppossed to give the sample?
It would be great if someone could help me, i'm feeling quite lost.
Collapse

Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:55
Dutch to English
+ ...
Samples Jul 22, 2003

Okay, this is what I know about the Aquarius thing. I have not worked through them for a while, so my info may not be current.

You bid for a job and tell them your very short story (

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is meant by 'sample of writing'?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »