How do you change the interface language on Office XP Pro?
Autor vlákna: Damian Harrison (X)
Damian Harrison (X)
Damian Harrison (X)
Německo
Local time: 04:38
němčina -> angličtina
Oct 2, 2007

This should be easy - but I can´t seem to find a solution...
I have a German version of Office XP Pro. I would like to run it with English menus - is this at all possible? If so, how do I do it?
Thanks for any help!

PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
polština -> angličtina
+ ...
Not possible Oct 2, 2007

A localized version of the software is just that - everything in the software is translated into the "local" language. My MS Office is in Polish and there is no possibility to turn all the menus into English.

HTH
Pawel Skalinski

ozan karakış
ozan karakış
Turecko
Local time: 05:38
angličtina -> turečtina
+ ...
not possible Oct 2, 2007

I am sorry to say but it is not...

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
francouzština -> polština
+ ...
Possible... but... (Open Licence) Oct 2, 2007

You must have a MUI (Multi User Interface) version.

Attention, this version is not available on the shelf.
It's available only in the licensing programs like MOLP (Microsoft Open Licence Program).

See your software reseller and ask for the details.

It may be complicated to understand, MS changes often the conditions but if you buy several products at one time (i.e. Office, Visio, Windows, Visual Studio...) or several copies of one product, it may be i
... See more
You must have a MUI (Multi User Interface) version.

Attention, this version is not available on the shelf.
It's available only in the licensing programs like MOLP (Microsoft Open Licence Program).

See your software reseller and ask for the details.

It may be complicated to understand, MS changes often the conditions but if you buy several products at one time (i.e. Office, Visio, Windows, Visual Studio...) or several copies of one product, it may be interesting...

Technically, you can't run MUI on localized Office XP versions.
The basic version MUST be EN, then you can easily change the GUI language to DE or PL.

Cheers
GG
Collapse

Marcelo Silveyra
Marcelo Silveyra
Spojené státy americké
Local time: 19:38
Člen (2007)
němčina -> angličtina
+ ...
Just confirming Pawel's comment Oct 2, 2007

Pawel's right; there's no way to run it with English menus, unless there's some third-party patch or software out there that does it.

If I'm not mistaken, the most expensive version of Windows Vista (whatever it's called) is the only Windows OS with this option. Not that I particularly recommend upgrading what is now a -relatively- stable Windows OS to a potential compatibility nightmare.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finsko
Local time: 05:38
Člen (2003)
finština -> němčina
+ ...
Probably not Oct 2, 2007

I remeber back in 2000 when I had a Finnish version of Win98 and installed a German Word 2000, the whole Windows changed to German.
Regards
Heinrich

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderátor/moderátoři tohoto fóra
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do you change the interface language on Office XP Pro?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »