Trados 6 - Help!
Thread poster: rossicross
rossicross
rossicross
Local time: 12:31
Spanish to English
May 16, 2003

Hi everyone,

I have just purchased Trados 6 and installed everything and cannot make it work! It appears that there is no simple step by step description in any of the manuals we have downloaded and printed out and all the tutorials (both downloaded from the website and on the cd) seem to hang and then skip back to the beginning. Does anyone have any good ideas as to where I could look for information?

Thank you for your help.

Nico
... See more
Hi everyone,

I have just purchased Trados 6 and installed everything and cannot make it work! It appears that there is no simple step by step description in any of the manuals we have downloaded and printed out and all the tutorials (both downloaded from the website and on the cd) seem to hang and then skip back to the beginning. Does anyone have any good ideas as to where I could look for information?

Thank you for your help.

Nicola
Collapse

Marijke Mayer
Marijke Mayer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:31
Dutch to English
+ ...
Did you download the dongle conversion file??? May 16, 2003

I have it and can forward it to you if you mail me your e-mail address. . . .

I just received the package myself, but am still happily using my 5.5 as I\'m too chicken to install 6.0. Of it is not the dongle conversion, I\'m sure you can write to the Help section, or you could even call, look on the site. If I get time, I\'ll try installing it this weekend and let you know of my findings . . . keep your fingers crossed.

Good luck,

Marijke

Marijke Mayer
Marijke Mayer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
+ ...
e-mail regarding the dongle migration file May 16, 2003

Enda Corcoran

Date :

Wed, 14 May 2003 10:43:32 -0400

Attachment : TRADOS6Freelanceupgradefile2BE.zip (307k)

Dear Customer,

You will shortly receive your TRADOS 6 Freelance upgrade by courier! In order to use the TRADOS 6 Freelance software, you will need to update your existing TRADOS dongle. The attached file contains a migration file for this purpose.
... See more

Enda Corcoran

Date :

Wed, 14 May 2003 10:43:32 -0400

Attachment : TRADOS6Freelanceupgradefile2BE.zip (307k)

Dear Customer,

You will shortly receive your TRADOS 6 Freelance upgrade by courier! In order to use the TRADOS 6 Freelance software, you will need to update your existing TRADOS dongle. The attached file contains a migration file for this purpose.

After installing the TRADOS 6 Freelance software, extract the migration file from the zip archive to your hard disk. Then run the migration (EXE) file to re-programme your existing TRADOS dongle so that it supports TRADOS 6. Instructions for installation of TRADOS 6 Freelance can be found in the Getting Started guide included in your package.

If you have any queries in relation to your order, contact your local TRADOS support office at

[email protected].

Thank you for your continued custom!

Kind regards,

TRADOS Fulfillment Team

Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Wrong forum - not enough details May 16, 2003

Hi Nicola,

First of all, this posting would be better off in the \"CAT Tools\" forum... don\'t get me wrong: I don\'t mind where you post, but your chances of getting a response are better there.

Also, it might be worth addressing the TW_users group on Yahoogroups.

In any case (but particularly if you post on TW_users) it would be helpful if you could describe
... See more
Hi Nicola,

First of all, this posting would be better off in the \"CAT Tools\" forum... don\'t get me wrong: I don\'t mind where you post, but your chances of getting a response are better there.

Also, it might be worth addressing the TW_users group on Yahoogroups.

In any case (but particularly if you post on TW_users) it would be helpful if you could describe your problem in more detail:

- Which Trados version are you using (Freelance or SPS)?

- Which operating system?

- What exactly happens when you try to start the software?

- Did you convert the dongle?

HTH - best regards, Ralf
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6 - Help!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »