Does www.proz.com support Chinese input?
Thread poster: Renee Chua
Renee Chua
Renee Chua
Singapore
Local time: 21:54
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 2, 2003

Hi,

I\'m a newbie to this website, would like to know if this website supports Chinese input for the KudoZ search because most of the words that I input had no search result.

On a side note, I am very impressed by the speed of response to my question.

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 06:54
English to Arabic
+ ...
Post a Chinese-text Note and let's see May 2, 2003

Greetings.

Perhaps one way to find out if this site supports Chinese text (displays properly) is if you would create and post a short Chinese-text note.

The site may support Chinese, but the larger factor might well be the capabilities and multilanguage settings of the PC of readers who would find and open your note.

I occasionally get recognizable Chinese-language notes in AOL e-mail that some firms in Taiwan post in \"blind broa
... See more
Greetings.

Perhaps one way to find out if this site supports Chinese text (displays properly) is if you would create and post a short Chinese-text note.

The site may support Chinese, but the larger factor might well be the capabilities and multilanguage settings of the PC of readers who would find and open your note.

I occasionally get recognizable Chinese-language notes in AOL e-mail that some firms in Taiwan post in \"blind broadcast\" fashion to multiple online lists.

My PC uses MS Windows XP, and that operating system apparently recognizes and displays Chinese text autmatically (as I did not add Chinese in my language options).

HTH.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke

(English Arabic,

Kurdish, and Farsi)

Los Angeles
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does www.proz.com support Chinese input?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »