Outlook X 6: MSOE.DLL not loading
Thread poster: sylvie malich (X)
sylvie malich (X)
sylvie malich (X)
Germany
Local time: 00:43
German to English
Apr 29, 2003

I\'m in kind of in a bind. Upon attempting to launch Outlook Express 6 I get the error message \"Outlook Express can not be launched because msoe.dll cannot be loaded\"

After research I found out that Microsoft admits to some inconsistencies with IE and Outlook Express.

Now, I\'ve done all the usual things: 1) \"Repaired\" by reinstalling Microsoft Office 2000. Restarted. Nothing.

2) \"Repaired\" IE 6. Restarted. Nothing.

3) Reinstal
... See more
I\'m in kind of in a bind. Upon attempting to launch Outlook Express 6 I get the error message \"Outlook Express can not be launched because msoe.dll cannot be loaded\"

After research I found out that Microsoft admits to some inconsistencies with IE and Outlook Express.

Now, I\'ve done all the usual things: 1) \"Repaired\" by reinstalling Microsoft Office 2000. Restarted. Nothing.

2) \"Repaired\" IE 6. Restarted. Nothing.

3) Reinstalled Windows 98. Restarted. Nothing.

4) Went to the Microsoft webpage and got a workaround to add the Address Book in the Windows Setup tab. Restarted.

Now my Outlook 2000 launches but not Outlook Express 6.

My next step (which helped last time this happened) was to redownload and reinstall IE 6 which came with Outlook Express 6, but now it is asking me before I install to remove my current language (German) IE 6. !!!! I have a lot of bookmarks that will get lost if I do that.

Right?

I JUST want to find Outlook Express 6 alone somewhere and just download and reinstall.

Can somebody provide a link?

[ This Message was edited by: smalich on 2003-04-29 12:38]

[ This Message was edited by: smalich on 2003-04-30 12:23]
Collapse

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:43
Flemish to English
+ ...
A possible answer to your question. Apr 29, 2003

Isn\'t the \"msoe.dll\" not the dll where all your messages/contact addresses are stored? Got that message in the past and all my messages were gone.

Which is normal if you install Office after Outlook Express. To solve this simple make a shortcut of Outlook Express, Outlook and IE.

My next step (which helped last time this happened) was to redownload and reinstall I
... See more
Isn\'t the \"msoe.dll\" not the dll where all your messages/contact addresses are stored? Got that message in the past and all my messages were gone.

Which is normal if you install Office after Outlook Express. To solve this simple make a shortcut of Outlook Express, Outlook and IE.

My next step (which helped last time this happened) was to redownload and reinstall IE 6 which came with Outlook Express 6, but now it is asking me before I install to remove my current language (German) IE 6. !!!! I have a lot of bookmarks that will get lost if I do that.

To solve that one--> Goto File>Import and Export. An I/E-wizard will appear>you can either save your favorites to a diskette, CD or Hard-disk (not advisable because a hard-disk is made to crash sooner or later).

When you have reinstalled IE>File>I/E wizard and import your bookmarks.

As far as I can remember, you can uninstall/add parts of windows, if you to start>control panel>add or remove programs/components>click on the parts you want to uninstall. Then reinstall them. This applies for Win98/2000/XP.

Collapse

sylvie malich (X)
sylvie malich (X)
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Well... Apr 30, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-04-29 20:25, Williamson wrote:

Thanks, Williamson, you\'ve given me an idea. I didn\'t know that this dll stored my messages/contacts, which if they are lost will be disasterous. I wonder if you/anybody can tell me where these are ... See more
Quote:

On 2003-04-29 20:25, Williamson wrote:

Thanks, Williamson, you\'ve given me an idea. I didn\'t know that this dll stored my messages/contacts, which if they are lost will be disasterous. I wonder if you/anybody can tell me where these are stored so that I can import the messages folder into my Outlook 2000.

Thanks also for the IE import/export option, I had never discovered that before.

So -- I exported my bookmarks and reinstalled IE with Outlook X6. But this time it didn\'t solve the problem like it had last time. Restart and still nothing.

I wonder if I have too much/many data/messages effecting the loading of the msoe.dll?

Quote:

What do you mean by shortcut? Links from my desktop? Had that already. With my msoe.dll problems my Outlook 2000 gave me an error message about not being able to launch because of an OLE problem. Reinstalling OEX6 hasn\'t made a difference.

Quote:

As far as I can remember, you can uninstall/add parts of windows, if you to start>control panel>add or remove programs/components>click on the parts you want to uninstall. Then reinstall them. This applies for Win98/2000/XP.

But is msoe.dll a Windows component? When I reinstalled Windows 98 it made no difference. I\'m not sure I understand you.

[ This Message was edited by: smalich on 2003-04-30 08:00] ▲ Collapse

sylvie malich (X)
sylvie malich (X)
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Update. Importing OE 6 folders into Outlook 2000 Apr 30, 2003

...seems this can\'t be done. Outlook will only import files up to OE 5 as OE 6 files are .dbx files.

Outlook Express files are found under Windows/.../Identities/...etc.

Still working on the problem...

It may be a registry problem which I don\'t trust myself to doctor around with.

I have located a (shareware) .dbx reader called Express Archiver which claims to be able to read, extract and export OE .dbx files.

[ T
... See more
...seems this can\'t be done. Outlook will only import files up to OE 5 as OE 6 files are .dbx files.

Outlook Express files are found under Windows/.../Identities/...etc.

Still working on the problem...

It may be a registry problem which I don\'t trust myself to doctor around with.

I have located a (shareware) .dbx reader called Express Archiver which claims to be able to read, extract and export OE .dbx files.

[ This Message was edited by: smalich on 2003-04-30 11:04]
Collapse

Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:43
Flemish to English
+ ...
Win2000 or XP May 1, 2003

In computer terms Win98 is a prehistoric win version (seems to be incompatible). If I does not take to much trouble, why don\'t you simply buy a second-hand version of Win2000 or download it from some warez site? I do not know if you know how to format and partition a hard drive? You could always save all your important files first and start from scratch, that is format and repartition your h.d., install Win2000 (very stable) or XP, install office and the other applications and then upload your ... See more
In computer terms Win98 is a prehistoric win version (seems to be incompatible). If I does not take to much trouble, why don\'t you simply buy a second-hand version of Win2000 or download it from some warez site? I do not know if you know how to format and partition a hard drive? You could always save all your important files first and start from scratch, that is format and repartition your h.d., install Win2000 (very stable) or XP, install office and the other applications and then upload your favorites and import your messages.

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Outlook X 6: MSOE.DLL not loading

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »