Trying to find registration number, date of installation of software.
Thread poster: Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:05
German to English
Aug 30, 2002

I suppose everybody should know the answer to this question, but I\'m afraid I\'m still a very low-tech translator. About 6 months ago I bought a software update for a fax program. Now I want to buy the new update but can\'t find my registration number. I still might be able to get the problem ironed out if I could find out when I bought the most recent update, i.e. when I installed it. Can someone tell me if there\'s a way to determine when a program was installed? I\'m using Windows 98. Help a... See more
I suppose everybody should know the answer to this question, but I\'m afraid I\'m still a very low-tech translator. About 6 months ago I bought a software update for a fax program. Now I want to buy the new update but can\'t find my registration number. I still might be able to get the problem ironed out if I could find out when I bought the most recent update, i.e. when I installed it. Can someone tell me if there\'s a way to determine when a program was installed? I\'m using Windows 98. Help appreciated. KimCollapse

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)
Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
You should be able to find the number in... Aug 31, 2002

Hi Kim,

Most programs have some sort of tool bar at the top or a HELP menu, button (?) etc...

You will usually be able to find your registration number if you click on *help* then a sub-menu entitled along the lines of *help about* or *about*, and there you should find your registration number.

You obviously had to enter it when you first installed the software so that it would work for you. It should also give you the version number
... See more
Hi Kim,

Most programs have some sort of tool bar at the top or a HELP menu, button (?) etc...

You will usually be able to find your registration number if you click on *help* then a sub-menu entitled along the lines of *help about* or *about*, and there you should find your registration number.

You obviously had to enter it when you first installed the software so that it would work for you. It should also give you the version number of your software.

If all else fails, there should be a Help topic that you can open in the software itself and type in a keyword like \"registration\" or \"licence\" and they will tell you how and where to enter it. This should give you a clue as to where to locate it on your current installation.

If you are still unable to find it, I would suggest contacting the vendor and asking them how you can retrieve it (explaining why).

I hope this helps you a little bit...

Kind regards,

Nathalie
Collapse

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 17:05
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Merci, Nathalie Aug 31, 2002

Thank you for your suggestions. Actually, it\'s the vendor that I\'ve been discussing this with. I now hope they\'ll find proof of my purchase based on the purchase date, etc.

Best wishes, Kim

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trying to find registration number, date of installation of software.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »