Thread poster: Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters
Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:15
German to English
+ ...
Jun 8, 2002

I know how to edit an entry, but how do I get rid of the whole thing?

There are some really ludicrous ones out there. For instance:

Source: Sentence

Target: One suggestion...

Why don\'t people THINK before hitting the \"submit to glossary\" button?

Trudy

Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
ask the big boss Jun 8, 2002

to swing his baseball bat and beat the entry to pulp...or simply ask Jason to muddle around with the keyboard to zap the worm away. Great idea for spring cleaning actually.

Jason?

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:15
German to English
+ ...
Two choices Jun 8, 2002

I\'ve asked myself the same question, and, the way I see it, you have two choices

1) Edit the entry to something sensible, taking a choice word or phrase from the question and the translation.

2) Grin and bear it! There are so many of these inane entries that deleting them all would be a mammoth task (and probably a thankless one!). Try and take solace in the fact that nobody is likely to consult the gloss
... See more
I\'ve asked myself the same question, and, the way I see it, you have two choices

1) Edit the entry to something sensible, taking a choice word or phrase from the question and the translation.

2) Grin and bear it! There are so many of these inane entries that deleting them all would be a mammoth task (and probably a thankless one!). Try and take solace in the fact that nobody is likely to consult the glossaries for \'sentence\' or anything similar!

Regards

Mary
Collapse

Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
thinking Jun 8, 2002

yep, Truds, if you see one like that, do as Mary says and pick a keyword in the sentence or phrase and enter the best answer. I\'ve been doing that quietly actually...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do you squash a glossary entry?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »